Bright green hydroids?

SFREEF3R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm constantly surprised that I continue to find new species that I've never seen before (almost on a weekly basis) - whether it's a new worm, different species of small tunicate etc.

Just noticed these guys yesterday - look to be some sort of hydroid? Appreciate if anyone has opinions on the ID. Also sorry the image isn't the clearest - hard to get pics of such small things!
IMG_2173.JPG

I also have another species - I think some sort of branching hydroids?

IMG_1412.JPG

ckozma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a LOT of the bright green ones, tagging along. I have yet to see if they sting sps but will know before too long as I have encrusting corals.

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some depicted in the second pic- I find they tend to disappear if you feed less and adjust flow! Haven’t seen any bothering the corals. I have never seen the green ones though- Very cool!

OP
OP
SFREEF3R

SFREEF3R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some depicted in the second pic- I find they tend to disappear if you feed less and adjust flow! Haven’t seen any bothering the corals. I have never seen the green ones though- Very cool!
Mine haven't been bothering anything as far as I can tell either - definitely have seem to grow as I've increased my feeding (and are proliferating in high flow areas that get a lot of food/particulate flowing by).

Have had to keep my feeding pretty heavy and only very light skimming to keep my nutrients up.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back