Bright pink coral and a couple other things

Mordkanin

View Badges
Reaction score
Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Local Group
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have these little brown things growing on my glass and live rock, and I was wondering if anyone could ID them. The one in the circle seems to be some kind of anemone, I think? It's growing from a little crevice in the live rock. There are a few of them in the area.

The thing growing on the glass I can't get a good picture of, unfortunately, that rock is right up against the glass. It has been growing.

Apologies for the ****** state of my glass. My flipper blade is shot and I just ordered a new pack a few minutes ago.

The pink coral, when I bought it, looked like some kind of just really low profile bright pink encrusting thing. I was planning to just move it to a rock and let it turn that rock bright pink. I wasn't expecting it to look anything like it does in this picture. I've had it for a couple months. Now, and this just started happening in the past few days, the polyps are expanding almost like zoas. When they contract, the thing, like I said, just looks like some pink encrusting thing, and I'm really curious as to what it is, now.

PXL_20230312_200744516.jpg PXL_20230312_201039668.jpg PXL_20230312_201046978.jpg

Back