Brightwell reef blizzard extreme color

liam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am always looking to add to variety to my feedings and was looking at reef blizzard extreme color as an alternative/ addition to reef roids. Anybody have any experience with it,and is it very different to the regular reef blizzard for sps/ mixed reef

Thanks

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the specific question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some attention

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use both in my mix of things (I also use freeze dried pods and rotifiers with them). The Brightwell RB XC seems to not raise PO4 as much, which is good in some of my tanks, but bad in others. Whole other story there, but a few tanks I have a PO4 limited. But I do seem to get a good response from my LPS and zoas with it.

If you experience higher PO4, you could try it in place of the reef roids every other feeding and it should help to reduce PO4 a little.

For saying if it actually makes things grow, I cannot say. Like I said, I see a response and things do eat it and things do grow. How much it helps them., I have no idea. I just enjoy wathing the feeder tents grab it up and slurp it down lol.

OP
OP
L

liam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use both in my mix of things (I also use freeze dried pods and rotifiers with them). The Brightwell RB XC seems to not raise PO4 as much, which is good in some of my tanks, but bad in others. Whole other story there, but a few tanks I have a PO4 limited. But I do seem to get a good response from my LPS and zoas with it.

If you experience higher PO4, you could try it in place of the reef roids every other feeding and it should help to reduce PO4 a little.

For saying if it actually makes things grow, I cannot say. Like I said, I see a response and things do eat it and things do grow. How much it helps them., I have no idea. I just enjoy wathing the feeder tents grab it up and slurp it down lol.
Thanks for the info,that's just the kind of info I was hoping for,a positive feeding response and less p04 than the roids.
My phosphate is only 0.018 but the tank is young and I feel I could get in trouble with reef roids being the predominant food in that size range. I am target feeding as opposed to broadcast feeding. I ordered some of the reef blizzard and will give it a shot

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info,that's just the kind of info I was hoping for,a positive feeding response and less p04 than the roids.
My phosphate is only 0.018 but the tank is young and I feel I could get in trouble with reef roids being the predominant food in that size range. I am target feeding as opposed to broadcast feeding. I ordered some of the reef blizzard and will give it a shot
Keep us updated, as I only have myself for info on it. I picked mine up at the lfs to just try it and have used it ever since. Be nice to have more info about it.

Back