Brightwell's Koral Recover-Anyone?????

vpoiu1263

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just buy some amino acid any brand will be good.
Many people say that acid do helpful for some sort of coral recovery.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it last year. I bought a bunch of stuff from a TopShelfAquatics live sale and the frogskin was delivered with rtn all over.
E52931A3-6C74-43B7-AF5C-5FF17A63BC9F.jpeg

This Frogskin fully recovered. I actually cut in 2 and they have become full fast growing colonies.
1D934B31-A539-42DF-86F8-595D9F957ABB.jpeg
C1349B96-34FD-4FAC-987A-80B07BE6A5A5.jpeg

Ironically I later killed all the other high end tenuis that were delivered beautiful and healthy using bio pellets when I used to worry about elevated nutrients. I have not needed to use the koral recover since.

Nanoreefboi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have any pics, but my red monti cap used to be very pale and declining in health. I started using acropower about 2 months ago and the monti and the other Corals in my tank colored up tremendously. The monti has grown about a quarter inch in 3 weeks.

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just buy some amino acid any brand will be good.
Many people say that acid do helpful for some sort of coral recovery.

I’d probably guess they were starving the corals to death- never heard of aminos being part of any recovery from something that’s irritating or stressing a coral but I can’t back that up with anecdotal evidence one way or the other.

I’ve been using aminos for the better part of a decade amd have still experienced the symptoms this claims to address

My initial post should have been more specific- not just experience hit specific brown jelly and Tn

I’d be curious to read those issues people had

Thank you tho

I used it last year. I bought a bunch of stuff from a TopShelfAquatics live sale and the frogskin was delivered with rtn all over.

This Frogskin fully recovered. I actually cut in 2 and they have become full fast growing colonies.

Ironically I later killed all the other high end tenuis that were delivered beautiful and healthy using bio pellets when I used to worry about elevated nutrients. I have not needed to use the koral recover since.

So did you do the actual intank treatment over the course of 7 days?

Thanks for posting

I don’t have any pics, but my red monti cap used to be very pale and declining in health. I started using acropower about 2 months ago and the monti and the other Corals in my tank colored up tremendously. The monti has grown about a quarter inch in 3 weeks.

Over the years I feel my acros adapt or “something” when dosing aminos, it’s great at first and then the just level out. They sure act like they’re on steroids tho for short period in my experience.

Polyp Extender by ME Corals I found to notice the results longer then the acro power did. Reef Roids another additive that I always recommend- the name is fitting LOL

I’m fairly sure wwc uses it.
Great to hear if they do

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I did the in tank treatment. It’ll make your skimmer go crazy and my turbo snails would crawl out of the tank. It’ll also make the tank cloudy for an hour or so. Those are the only negative effects I can remember.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder what’s in it, poison control needs to be called if it’s consumed. Never even heard of it but i would suggest trying to find the route cause of tissue necrosis before you rely on something like this. I didn’t understand how it’s supposed to work st all.

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I did the in tank treatment. It’ll make your skimmer go crazy and my turbo snails would crawl out of the tank. It’ll also make the tank cloudy for an hour or so. Those are the only negative effects I can remember.

I recall reading that about the skimmer- thank you again for posting your experience

Yes WWC uses it and swears by it. BRS has talked about it many times on their channel as well.

Odd how I can’t really find any information when searching online outside of 3 threads that barely even mention it. I’ll see what I can find on BRS TV

I wonder what’s in it, poison control needs to be called if it’s consumed. Never even heard of it but i would suggest trying to find the route cause of tissue necrosis before you rely on something like this. I didn’t understand how it’s supposed to work st all.

Discovering the root cause of Tn..... I’d probably retire a multi millionaire if I was able to do that ;)
I’ve spent the better part of the last year trying to figure that out and have rules out or tested and tried every known thing I’m aware of that can cause Tn as well as many things I wasn’t aware of but discovered in what I’ll describe as a “journey”

I have very little Tn happening at this time but I will still get a piece that show signs of Tn -mostly STN which I’m grateful for since it allows me to try and save the acro. Sadly in the last year I’ve lost close to 70 percent of my acro collection. That percentage equates to probably 70 or more various pieces and when you’re an acro snob like myself that a pretty substantial hit. It’s not the dollar amount that hurts tho, it’s the years of growth just gone.

This is something that had/has hit many acro keepers I know of nationwide.

I’ve been rebuilding the collection most of this year and anything newly added does well but I believe there is still something bacterial ailing/compromising certain acros.

I’ve ordered 2 liters of this and hopefully it arrives today, I’ll more than likely document the procedure for others to possibly take away from.

Thanks again for the posts/information everyone

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just the way they market their calcium hydroxide is enough for me to tell people not to trust Brightwell. I highly doubt there’s anything innovative or new in this product.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just the way they market their calcium hydroxide is enough for me to tell people not to trust Brightwell. I highly doubt there’s anything innovative or new in this product.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dp

Last edited:

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Woah, how’d that happen? I’ve been running Biopellets for like 3-4 months, but my levels are still pretty high. Did your levels just drop too fast?

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too fast isn’t the problem... Carbon dosing more times than not ends badly. What do people think the bacteria are going to do when phosphorus and nitrogen get low, slow down consumption? They’re not smart, they will continue to consume until there is nothing left to consume.

Corals need phosphorus and nitrogen to survive, so carbon dosing (bio pellets included) has some positive short term results followed by problems soon thereafter.

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too fast isn’t the problem... Carbon dosing more times than not ends badly. What do people think the bacteria are going to do when phosphorus and nitrogen get low, slow down consumption? They’re not smart, they will continue to consume until there is nothing left to consume.

Corals need phosphorus and nitrogen to survive, so carbon dosing (bio pellets included) has some positive short term results followed by problems soon thereafter.
Wow, never heard this. Even with a heavy feeding hand, Biopellets will strip the water too much? Like I said, mine have been running for months, and NO3 is still at ~20, and PO4 is at ~.10.

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don’t agree with you. I have been carbon dosing for the last 5 years (vodka/vinegar) mantaining 5-10 ppm N and 0,1-0,15 P. Once you reach the adequate dose the bacterial population will be estable and that will keep estable levels of nutrients.
There are many examples of aquaria that keep estable levels of nutrients in the long run by means of carbon dosing. It is not a short term solution, but a long term one.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t agree with you. I have been carbon dosing for the last 5 years (vodka/vinegar) mantaining 5-10 ppm N and 0,1-0,15 P. Once you reach the adequate dose the bacterial population will be estable and that will keep estable levels of nutrients.
There are many examples of aquaria that keep estable levels of nutrients in the long run by means of carbon dosing. It is not a short term solution, but a long term one.

Good for you that you’ve been able to find the balance. It seems more struggle with it than find that balance.

Do you have a build thread or any shots of your tank?

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the derailment.

Back to the topic at hand... From what I can see, Brightwell isn’t even attempting to explain how and why this product works, let alone telling us any active ingredients. That’s a pretty major issue for me and what I trust to put in my aquariums.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the acute problems that you are looking to solve? Most of the time, just high quality lighting and good parameters will get an acro quickly on the road to recovery without any supplements.

I will not use a black box supplement unless I have no other choice... which does happen.

This assumes no pests, which can derail any kind of recovery. Check twice and then check a few more times for red bugs or AEFW. :)

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your willing to try this in tank treatment, of something that’s certainly harmful if used wrong, all over some random necrosis that pops up every now and then?
Wait if WWC used it then it’s gotta be used by at least some people around here. Seems like a lot try and copy what they do in their growout tanks.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back