Brightwell's Razor on sps dominant tank?

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious if anyone has used this product on a acro dominant system? I found through an ATI test that my RODI had silicates even though I had 0 TDS showing, so that's the cause I believe. I have new RODI filters on the way along with a spectrapure silicabuster cartridge.

The problem is my GHA issue has exploded. IT grows as fast as I can pull it and is so rooted I feel my scape moving risking collapse during the attempted removal. I've spot treated with h202 will no real effect and worry about the amount it would take to get it all.

I've upped my CUC, added a lawnmower blenny and tomini tang and they are doing some work but while pulling it up its getting trapped in my acros and blocking light.

I picked up a bottle of Razor but want to hear how it has treated other's systems before I start to dose it. I plan to combine razor with weekly bacteria - prodibo bio-digest - doses after water changes and manual removal/vacuuming.

Thanks for any input,

Matt

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished one week of using this product with pretty good results. 20 gallon tank started about two months ago no fish. Sorry no before pictures but it had a pretty good diatom bloom going.
image.jpg

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished one week of using this product with pretty good results. 20 gallon tank started about two months ago no fish. Sorry no before pictures but it had a pretty good diatom bloom going.
image.jpg
Looks like no ill effects on you macro algae either, thats a plus

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the heck is in this stuff? Yesterday morning the tank looked really clean, like to good to be true. Before treatment phosphate was 0.11 last night 0.34. Fish, macros and corals seem good. I replaced GFO and used LC. Planning a 20% water change today.

kalel454

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious if anyone has used this product on a acro dominant system? I found through an ATI test that my RODI had silicates even though I had 0 TDS showing, so that's the cause I believe. I have new RODI filters on the way along with a spectrapure silicabuster cartridge.

The problem is my GHA issue has exploded. IT grows as fast as I can pull it and is so rooted I feel my scape moving risking collapse during the attempted removal. I've spot treated with h202 will no real effect and worry about the amount it would take to get it all.

I've upped my CUC, added a lawnmower blenny and tomini tang and they are doing some work but while pulling it up its getting trapped in my acros and blocking light.

I picked up a bottle of Razor but want to hear how it has treated other's systems before I start to dose it. I plan to combine razor with weekly bacteria - prodibo bio-digest - doses after water changes and manual removal/vacuuming.

Thanks for any input,

Matt

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for any input,

Matt
@Smite did you ever end up using it and how did it go?

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Smite did you ever end up using it and how did it go?
I did but not long enough to give it a true chance. I did the initial cycle of it with no ill effects on the tank. In the end the answer for that tank was consistent manual removal and adding a few baby herbivores to the tank. Once coral growth took off it seemed like it outcompeted the GHA.

I'm dealing with it again in some really hard to reach pieces in a larger system so it's a lot more of a chore. I've still got the bottle but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 44 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back