Bringing back the 500

240.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Hello Fellow Reefers,

I've been out of the hobby for a while due to a major failure but I'm finally back. I started the tank back up last August and its just finally turning the corner and starting to look like a reef again. I'll get into my story when I have a little more time but, I just wanted to drop by and say hello.

Wondering how many of the old HVRK members are still around and how everyone is doing?

Here's a picture of my tank form back in May.

IMG_0630[1].JPG

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had given up on you Pete. It would be nice to see you at the next meeting. Not too many club members that you would remember, but there are a few.

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you remember Gregory Scheimer, Matt? He is the 6th tank in the book “Ultimate Marine Aquariums. When Greg died it started as a tank salvage that didn’t go so well. Pete has a great story to tell about his amazing build.

I remember Pete taking a sledgehammer to a brick wall shortly after he moved into his house. I couldn’t understand at the time why he would do that. The next time I saw him he was jackhammering his garage floor to install floor drains for his sump room. A 500 gallon tank in your family room is quite a sight to behold. Pete accomplished something truly amazing that few people in this hobby could pull off.

I thought you had given up on your tank Pete. I’m happy to see that you are still interested in the hobby. I have some frags for you if you want them. You look like you have some space.

OP
OP

240.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well hello gentleman. Great to hear form you all again. Can wait to have you all over again to check out the progress (or lack there of lol).

OP
OP

240.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you remember Gregory Scheimer, Matt? He is the 6th tank in the book “Ultimate Marine Aquariums. When Greg died it started as a tank salvage that didn’t go so well. Pete has a great story to tell about his amazing build.

I remember Pete taking a sledgehammer to a brick wall shortly after he moved into his house. I couldn’t understand at the time why he would do that. The next time I saw him he was jackhammering his garage floor to install floor drains for his sump room. A 500 gallon tank in your family room is quite a sight to behold. Pete accomplished something truly amazing that few people in this hobby could pull off.

I thought you had given up on your tank Pete. I’m happy to see that you are still interested in the hobby. I have some frags for you if you want them. You look like you have some space.
Thank you for the kind words Mark. I wish I could access that old tread. I have to go through old computer hard drives and hopefully locate all the pictures from that build. I also had them uploaded on Photobucket but since they changed the format I am unable to access.

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blast from the past! What's good Pete? I started with HVRK right after you cut up Greg's Tank and stacked it for storage. I remember reading your build thread installing the floor drain in the concrete. That post was my first taste of how crazy deep people got into the hobby. Here I am now with a completely finished basement, with an inwall 220 and dedicated equipment room.... all built and designed around the tank lol.

I look forward to finally getting to meet you in person.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back