Bristletooth Tang Feeding - Vegi-clip

tottiforever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Having a two spot tang delivered tomorrow, and I’m looking for feeding tips.

I picked up a little magnetic vegi-clip and some nori. I’m assuming I should just leave the nori and clip in at all times to encourage grazing?

Any tips or additional foodtypes I should try? Currently also feed Hikari Marine A and S.

Thanks!

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Be sure to change out the Nori with fresh. I.E., don't leave it in for 24 hours with the same Nori.

My Tangs also love Larry's Reef Frenzy. Frozen foods have less PO4 than pellet; although I use Hikari as well once in a while.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

Having a two spot tang delivered tomorrow, and I’m looking for feeding tips.

I picked up a little magnetic vegi-clip and some nori. I’m assuming I should just leave the nori and clip in at all times to encourage grazing?

Any tips or additional foodtypes I should try? Currently also feed Hikari Marine A and S.

Thanks!
Do you have a refugium with sea lettuce or red ogo? If so these are good options to offer the tang when you need to prune back your macroalgae :)

OP
OP
tottiforever

tottiforever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a refugium with sea lettuce or red ogo? If so these are good options to offer the tang when you need to prune back your macroalgae :)
I do. Just received some chaeto from y’all and looking at finally turning on the fuge light. Any harm in multiple forms of macro?

OP
OP
tottiforever

tottiforever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hang my nori clip from fishing line in the flow to create a more natural look. Tangs also love meaty foods a lot of people skip that but meat is like candy to tangs
Thanks for the advice!

OP
OP
tottiforever

tottiforever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be sure to change out the Nori with fresh. I.E., don't leave it in for 24 hours with the same Nori.

My Tangs also love Larry's Reef Frenzy. Frozen foods have less PO4 than pellet; although I use Hikari as well once in a while.
Perfect. Thanks!

BobL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My White Tail has never showed much interest in the algae clip. It picks at it every once in a while. I feed herbivore frenzy to make sure he gets what he needs.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back