Bristleworm???

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been running a QT, waiting on the new DT. Been running for a while, nothing exciting. A little diatom and now some GHA.
I have 4 frags on a frag rack from the last LivingReefOcean live sale. Three were Zoas. The AOC and I think Everlasting Gobstoppers have done fine. The third, I think Beetlejuice just hadn't really opened. About two days ago, it started to just disintegrate. Today... this thing was crawling down the plug stem. It was itty bitty. It took me forever to catch it and get it in the cup. It seems to be relaxed and stretched out now. Is this a baby bristleworm or something more nasty? Do bristleworms hitch rides on zoas and destroy them? Those pictures are super zoomed....

PXL_20210405_193857333.jpg PXL_20210405_193943708.jpg PXL_20210405_193914126.jpg

Mav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it’s a bristle and they won’t eat zoas, mine don’t, and they are always crawling through the zoas. They hitch on plenty of coral. Did you dip your corals? When is that tank coming saw your thread awhile ago about it?

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it’s a bristle and they won’t eat zoas, mine don’t, and they are always crawling through the zoas. They hitch on plenty of coral. Did you dip your corals? When is that tank coming saw your thread awhile ago about it?
I did dip them. Poor beetlejuice just did not make it. Given how shredded that polyp is, I wonder if the larvae was in it when it arrived? Creepy little thing.... he is not going back in the tank.
I am still waiting on the new DT - really. The builder said it may ship this week and that he would send me pictures. We shall see, I guess.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 57 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back