Brittle serpent star Hitchhiker

Michael Gentile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a duncan frag a while back from an LFS and a little brittle sea star was attached to the bottom and they let me keep it for free with the frag. He was so tiny after he was in the tank, i would only see his legs from time to time in the cracks of the rocks. Today i was looking through my tank and i saw there was sets of legs on opposite sides on the tank coming out of the rocks. They both look relatively the same size 4 legs each. is it possible the star split and made two? or is it another pest. I can try to take pics but its very hard to see on the camera.

1610499735726.png

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Micro brittle star. Yes they reproduce quickly but they stay small like that and are a great addition to your clean up crew

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got them all over the place. Can't shift a rock or take a power head out for cleaning without them wiggling out from some crevice. I think they're cool.

OP
OP
Michael Gentile

Michael Gentile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got them all over the place. Can't shift a rock or take a power head out for cleaning without them wiggling out from some crevice. I think they're cool.
thats awesome ! they seem pretty unique, i dont hear many people having them.

Alexraptor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These ones are awesome, I was blessed with a massive army of them with my first reef. Sadly lost them all in my first tank crash, and haven't seen them since. =/

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 129 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.0%
Back