Broadfield's Red Sea Reefer 450 Build - OCD Inspired... Going Back To a Reef

MCooper

MCooper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious how the Vectra M1 is doing after that issue?
Also, what fish is that in your posts, hogfish looking one? Love it!

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious how the Vectra M1 is doing after that issue?
Also, what fish is that in your posts, hogfish looking one? Love it!

The pump is dead... it will need to be replaced. I talked with Ecotech yesterday and they had me try a hard reset first... no go.

I have the following fish:

(1) Purple Tang
(1) Picasso Clown
(1) Ocellaris Clown
(1) Lyretail Anthias
(1) Bimaculatus Anthias (I think this is the one you are referring to)
(1) Bartlett's Anthias
(2) Carberyyi Anthias
(1) Ignitus Anthias
(1) Bicolor Anthias

I skim heavy, run biopellets, dose two types of bacteria and do a water change every week to keep algae away - it's quite the fish load... especially with how often I feed the Anthias.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got off the phone with Alex at Ecotech... new M1 already on the way! They are sending me a return label with the new pump and I simply need to send my defective one back within 30 days... talk about easy! They are sending me an entire kit to replace everything. Just wanted to say thanks to both Tim and Alex at Ecotech... 10 out of 10 on customer service.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant wait to see some new pics with these!!

Me too brotha! I'm not sure what bulb combo I'm going to run yet... it's a dimmable 4-bulb T5/LED hybrid. I simply got a couple of extra bulbs to play around with colors. Then combine that with LED... I'll probably never settle on a spectrum/look.

Danny1496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got off the phone with Alex at Ecotech... new M1 already on the way! They are sending me a return label with the new pump and I simply need to send my defective one back within 30 days... talk about easy! They are sending me an entire kit to replace everything. Just wanted to say thanks to both Tim and Alex at Ecotech... 10 out of 10 on customer service.
Wow man this is great news hope the new one doesn't give you problem you setup is one of the reason I when with the vectra.

Danny1496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too brotha! I'm not sure what bulb combo I'm going to run yet... it's a dimmable 4-bulb T5/LED hybrid. I simply got a couple of extra bulbs to play around with colors. Then combine that with LED... I'll probably never settle on a spectrum/look.
Can't wait to see a video of your tank with the new ligh fixture t5 are great I'm still not shore what I'm going to us for my build but a t5-led I'd on the list or radion's

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow man this is great news hope the new one doesn't give you problem you setup is one of the reason I when with the vectra.

Yeah, I think it was just a fluke. Because I haven't heard of one single issue with them from anyone else.

Can't wait to see a video of your tank with the new ligh fixture t5 are great I'm still not shore what I'm going to us for my build but a t5-led I'd on the list or radion's

I just got it dialed in for the most part tonight! It took me a bit to get use to the T5 look, even with the addition of the LED's. But man, I'm loving it now!!!

FrootStick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bud. I came across your tank pictures on Google a while back when I got my 350.
I loved your apex setup and pretty much tried to replicate in my cupboard. Here are the results in white.
I only just now came across your tank build! Absolutely love it!
image.jpeg
Amazing that you inspired me to do mine all the way down in Australia!

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bud. I came across your tank pictures on Google a while back when I got my 350.
I loved your apex setup and pretty much tried to replicate in my cupboard. Here are the results in white.
I only just now came across your tank build! Absolutely love it! Amazing that you inspired me to do mine all the way down in Australia!

Awesome man, we could be yin and yang lol.

Make sure you join in my Reefer specific thread in my signature... I'm sure there are plenty of 350 owners in there that would love to see your setup!!!

FrootStick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks a lot more mean in the black! Haha
Mate I love your tank. So much love, time and effort, as there should be for a pride and joy piece!
I'm having some battles with high nutrients in mine at the minute, but hoping to get back on track asap. Slow and steady.......

Seriously thinking of grabbing a vectra!

Millz1273

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only just now came across your tank build! Absolutely love it!
image.jpeg
Amazing that you inspired me to do mine all the way down in Australia!
Superb!! How did you secure the top and bottom panels?

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Superb!! How did you secure the top and bottom panels?

I'm not sure how he did it, but I simply used L brackets on the backside.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so L bracket directly to the stand I assume?

Correct, I pre-drilled everything out first. Simply used a stopper on a drill bit. You can also wrap the bit with masking tape at the depth you want to drill.

Back