OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's one thing that I have always wanted in my reef tank and have never been able to source one... always being late to the party when one gets posted for sale. That would be a Golden Dwarf Moray Eel. With the recent announcement of the Hawaii collection permits being halted, I thought it may never happen. However, @ZoaCollector got me hooked up over the weekend! I'm pretty stoked and should have it this coming week.

ReefguyEric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Toby gotta say tank looks super nice now that you've been using Red Sea's Reef Energy Coral Nutrition what do you think about.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There's one thing that I have always wanted in my reef tank and have never been able to source one... always being late to the party when one gets posted for sale. That would be a Golden Dwarf Moray Eel. With the recent announcement of the Hawaii collection permits being halted, I thought it may never happen. However, @ZoaCollector got me hooked up over the weekend! I'm pretty stoked and should have it this coming week.
Awesome!! Can't wait for pics! :D

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Don't do it. Not without a closed top. Be carpet surfing in no time.

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe plumb a smaller tank with a closed top into the system specially for it, if you want one that badly...

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Toby gotta say tank looks super nice now that you've been using Red Sea's Reef Energy Coral Nutrition what do you think about.

I don't think I have any complaints. I did however change the dosing to every other day... phosphates would get a little higher than I like when dosing every day.

Toby what kind of sand do you have?

Tropic Eden Reefflakes

cmperry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent the last several days reading your your thread. Your tank is amazing and inspiring. The attention to detail is second to none. I've just taken delivery of a Red Sea XL 525 and I'm currently in the planning and setup mode.

I have a quick question that you may have answered. When you hard plumbed your drain line with another barbed fitting from Red Sea, I assume that 3/4" x 1" reducing adapter necks the drain down to 3/4" at that point and then back into a 1" pipe? If so, is the drain line in essence restricted to 3/4" flow? Any idea what kind of flow you are getting through the system?

Thank you for your help.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent the last several days reading your your thread. Your tank is amazing and inspiring. The attention to detail is second to none. I've just taken delivery of a Red Sea XL 525 and I'm currently in the planning and setup mode.

I have a quick question that you may have answered. When you hard plumbed your drain line with another barbed fitting from Red Sea, I assume that 3/4" x 1" reducing adapter necks the drain down to 3/4" at that point and then back into a 1" pipe? If so, is the drain line in essence restricted to 3/4" flow? Any idea what kind of flow you are getting through the system?

Thank you for your help.

Thanks for taking the time to check out the build... there will be more to come!

The plumbing setup is capable of handling a ton of flow for sure. My split returns definitely add to my overall flow in the tank. I do not know what my actual gph flow is, but I'm sure I'll pick up the Neptune flow monitoring kit at some point and find out.

jstagner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a guide or instructions in this thread on changing out the Red Sea valve to a gate valve? I really would like to do this!

cmperry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for taking the time to check out the build... there will be more to come!

The plumbing setup is capable of handling a ton of flow for sure. My split returns definitely add to my overall flow in the tank. I do not know what my actual gph flow is, but I'm sure I'll pick up the Neptune flow monitoring kit at some point and find out.

The drain line definitely necks down to 3/4" at that fitting, correct?

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking great as always! I've got the Aurora over my 66g right now. I'm going to be upgrading when I move next month to a 5ft tank and would love to put an Aurora over it but the price keeps putting me off. Do you think the Spectra is a better option overall?

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Toby, do you use powerhead in the sump to keep the sump stirs up? I have reefer 350 and the middle chamber seems very calm so I added small powerhead and turn on about 12 hrs/day, not sure if it's needed

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back