OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such an amazing build! Just keeps getting better! Quick question, which fittings are these? I think you answered before that they were 3/4"? Are they 1" to 3/4" reducers? Just trying to pickup everything I need to connect 1" to a reefer. 1" slip to 3/4" threaded? Thanks and sorry, I'm just really confused.

TinyGrab Screen Shot 11-21-16, 4.21.04 PM.png

Ya, thats what I was trying to figure out as well.... are the 3/4 inch to 1 inch. Sorry Broadfield, the force is strong with you. As you can tell the rest of us don't have Jedi skills. LOL.

Yes, it is a 3/4" MPT x 1" slip. I bought those from PVCfittingsonline.com

http://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/3-4-x-1-sch-80-pvc-reducing-male-adapter-mpt-x-socket-836-102.html

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

seastar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I got a chunk of it done... but still a LOT left to do. Here it is with the cover plates popped on. I got all of the mounting of the base plates done and hinged. I installed magnets to all of the cover plates/base plates. Next up is installing all of the LED strips for the edge lighting, mounting modules and wiring, making a white background to wrap around the back of the DOS container etc. I might illuminate the area around/behind the DOS container, but I'll wait to see how much the edge lighting illuminates it.

IMG_7870 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I got a chunk of it done... but still a LOT left to do. Here it is with the cover plates popped on. I got all of the mounting of the base plates done and hinged. I installed magnets to all of the cover plates/base plates. Next up is installing all of the LED strips for the edge lighting, mounting modules and wiring, making a white background to wrap around the back of the DOS container etc. I might illuminate the area around/behind the DOS container, but I'll wait to see how much the edge lighting illuminates it.

Looks good ...awaiting for the final picture :)

Scarybo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

CHRISTMAS MORNING!!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

This is just crazy awesome!

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my modules mounted tonight. I modified the PM2 and 1-Link case so I could flip them and have the cables come out the top... but not have the sticker upside down. Also finished the white background for the DDR on the lower panel. Only thing left is to get my LEDs installed for the edge lighting. I actually have white here, but want to try amber first before I make the final decision.

IMG_7102 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_7108 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back