Brocks IM Nuvo 50 Lagoon

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the start of my Waterbox Crystal Peninsula 6026....replaced with a 5526 build.

Red Sea Reefer Peninsula 650 build!

Innovative Marine Nuvo 50 Lagoon

Still a lot to do to get this baby up and running and things are already not going the way they should be, but heck lets go!

Onto the details!

Aquarium/Stand

Innovative Marine Nuvo 50 Lagoon

Return Pump
Innovative Marine Mighty Jet

UV
Innovative Marine 11W Drop in

Powerhead
MP10

Filtration
Media Basket x2

Lighting
Radion XR30 G4 Pro with Diffuser

Substrate
Caribsea Bimini Pink

Rock
Caribsea Life Rock

Salt
ReefCrystals

Skimmer
AquaMaxx HOB 1.5

Controller
Neptune System Apex EL
WXM

Automatic Top-off
Micro ATO

Heating
(1) 200-watt EHEIM JÄGER

RODI
7-stage

Jump Protection
Innovative Marine Mesh Screen

First- the floor needs to be reinforced, I sistered the joists in the basement under where the tank will be, going to block them as well. Also will put a support beam I think, we will see how that goes. Cant have a couple thousand pounds on the floor if it's not sturdy.

Second-The office where the tank will go, has carpet. So my buddy and I are going to rip that up soon and replace it with laminate - I know that tile is the preferred choice, but its really heavy and something I haven't done before. This is where just being on a slab would be really nice. The hardest part of this will be ensuring the floor is level- as the house is still settling.

Initial plans were to remove part of the wall separating the office and the living room to make the tank an in-wall-ish tank......that quickly changed and surely isn't happening, for now at least. The whole build has taken a back seat to the soon to be arrival of our baby girl....

Update on 1-14
Baby girl arrived safely, time to get back to work on this build!

Hopeful plans for the month of January with the waterbox.

• Install the floor (14mm thick with 6mm cork underlayment)
    • leak test the sump
    • leak test the main display - LEAKED!!:mad:;Rage;Punch
    • build the cabinet and put it in the room/level it
    • get a few friends to move that huge tank onto the stand- level it/let it sit for a few days to see if it shifts at all/level it again
    • make a ridiculous amount of water for the tank
    • add sand, rock, water- and level it again....and again in 24hrs.- Thankfully I didn't add this and found the leak!

update- 2-14-2019
After this crap shoot with waterbox, being sent 3 stands that were "returned items" and a tank that leaked; all since November when I originally ordered, I finally asked for a refund. I was finally issued a partial refund and charged for an item that was "free" with my purchase. ridiculous.
Though the partial refund was not enough to cover the cost of a new tank, the amazing people at Saltwateraquarium.com ( Who I thankfully ordered the waterbox system through) worked with me after hearing about what happened with waterbox, and I ordered a Red Sea Peninsula 650 from them. Truly amazing people over there!

update- 4-4-2019
Ich,freaking Ich. Fallow period Begins.....be back in late June/Early July.
update- 6-24-2019
Hydras gone, Redsea LED90s+Aquatic Life DX18 will replace them.
Clarisea Roller SK5000
RedSea Cover Net Top
Moved the tank

Update 01/2020

Sold everything to a friend, downsizing sucks

onto new adventures with the 50 Lagoon!

Last edited:

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hope the tank survived the delivery..:)

OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope the tank survived the delivery..:)
I was surprised that it looked to be ok. Thankfully waterbox packages the crap
Out of it.
But boy was that a anxiety ridden 10
Minutes watching this one guy try and get this huge thing off the truck without tipping it over.
He even said, I’m sorry ahead of time if this tips over but they just threw it on top of Broken pallets instead of doing it correctly.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Somehow the company Water box uses for the delivery of their tanks are one of the worst I have seen in the business. There are just a ton of issues with them.

OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somehow the company Water box uses for the delivery of their tanks are one of the worst I have seen in the business. There are just a ton of issues with them.
I can believe that. They scheduled my delivery...then dumped it on a smaller company who didn’t even contact me. I had to figure out who had it. Then call them and they seemed shocked they had it. Not a great start to this journey. But thankful it is in one piece

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Before you set up check all the seams including overflow. Lately they are all over the place.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you. I have read that as well. Will do extensive checking for sure.
I was very much interested in the same model but after reading all these and the way they handle issues I quit. But I will follow your build. They are new company and will learn overtime.

OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scheduling the induction tomorrow...gotta get this carpet out !

DFF29C29-45E6-40AB-86DE-0CAD2A38F408.jpeg

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along, poor reefers have one of the hardest products to ship, a big glass box. Looking forward to following along.

Back