• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

BROKE MY LIGHT AGAIN... HELP ME CHOOSE A NEW ONE

Saltyreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I vote for Ai too.
Im using non HD hydra 26s and 52s and love em.

If you can find used Sol blues, theyll be amazing at growing corals and cheap.
I had an Ai nano that went 10+ years and then given to another hobbiest who is still using it :)

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

Saltyreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You do know youll have to do a little leg work on your own after given advice and choices :)

The magnifying glass and google are your best friends here :)

20201016_172818.jpg

Saltyreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Have you?

:)

Saltyreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Waaaay more than a couple years. But it sounds like cost is prohibiting you from going with new fixtures.
The hydra non HDs are sweet too and still more than a couple years old (what i run) :)
Hydra HD id recommend if not on a super tight budget like me.
The HD 26 and 52 are the 2nd to last gen and the latest and greatest is the 32 and 64 HD.
HD have wifi, non HD has bluetooth and connects to director or wireless controller..
The sols need a wifi dongle and then can connect to wireless controller or app iirc.

Corals.com

Lightspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Have a look at the new Ledzeal Mirage x series, they are available in superblue format or you can customize the spectrum but the superblue is pretty darn good and is made to mimic the Radeon.
Ít's a few steps up above the Viparspectra as you have wifi spectrum balance adjustment, full output timing and power schedule across 4 channels, daisy chain, are reasonably priced and well built and use Meanwell IP65 drivers. I have Vipars which i am going to customize the spectrum, but i have also been in contact with Kevin at Ledzeal and have a quote including freight for 2 X200 Mirages, came in at $604 USD including TNT freight to Australia. The only downside i could really pick on is Warranty period that being said i have the first model Ledzeal Malibu s200 wifi and have had zero issues at all, looking at a balanced overall view the lights represent good value and flexibility, good spectrum and tuning ability and wifi, look good and use good quality drivers, led's are user replaceable if you know basic soldering and electrical skills, these points are why they caught my interest.

Don't get me wrong, i love me some Radeons, but in Australia you are up Schitts creek if a unit goes down and the $1200 AUD per unit makes me balk every time i consider them.

Would you be shocked by today's reefing hobby if you had just returned after a long period of time?

• Yes (tell us why in the thread)

Votes: 176 52.5%
  • No

Votes: 59 17.6%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 96 28.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors