Brook or Fin Rot

Llg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this clownfish for a week now. A few days ago, I noticed what looked like nipping on the pelvic fin. However, since then, it has gotten progressively worse. I thought I saw a few white spots in the fins, so I did a fw dip. You can see a closeup of the fish during the dip and there were no flukes in the water. However, once back in the QT, the pelvic fins are white at the ends and the fins look more ragged by the hour. Is this Brook or just bacterial?

Fish has been given GC+focus, GC in water and then added Kanaplex starting 4 days ago. The other clown looks great. Appetite is good and now signs of flashing or scratching.

Thanks

20201205_162553.jpg 20201205_162533.jpg 20201205_162515.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see any symptoms of Brooklynella. Do you have any other fish in with this clown? Oh, I see a second clown. They are probably fighting, the jagged edges of the fin lead to that being probable. You may not see actual fighting, but you can try videoing the fish while you leave he room.
Why are you treating GC before copper? Copper should always be first unless there is a positive diagnosis to treat with GC.
Jay

OP
OP
L

Llg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see any symptoms of Brooklynella. Do you have any other fish in with this clown? Oh, I see a second clown. They are probably fighting, the jagged edges of the fin lead to that being probable. You may not see actual fighting, but you can try videoing the fish while you leave he room.
Why are you treating GC before copper? Copper should always be first unless there is a positive diagnosis to treat with GC.
Jay

They were in therapeutic copper for 14 days at the LFS when I purchased them, so I thought I would do the GC first. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back