Brook

fishfairy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently in QT I have a blue/red wrasse and a 2 inch Tomini tang. They are finishing prophylactic copper treatment tomorrow (15 days at therapeutic).

At the time I purchased the wrasse and Tomini, I also purchased a royal gramma (all from the same store and display). On day 5 of copper the royal gramma started breathing heavy, his skin became very slimy and looked to be melting, he passed quickly. My research makes me think he had Brooklynella since he was in copper at the time but not really sure. The Tomini and wrasse never showed symptoms and seem otherwise happy healthy.

These are my only new additions I plan on adding after finishing a fallow period for Ich, I really don’t want to risk introducing disease. I was only planning on prazi/copper but realize that needs to change. My question is, incase it was Brooklynella, how do I move the fish from QT to my display without risking them carrying the disease. I’m reading formalin baths, but any advise on how many, how often, and any others measures would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Currently in QT I have a blue/red wrasse and a 2 inch Tomini tang. They are finishing prophylactic copper treatment tomorrow (15 days at therapeutic).

At the time I purchased the wrasse and Tomini, I also purchased a royal gramma (all from the same store and display). On day 5 of copper the royal gramma started breathing heavy, his skin became very slimy and looked to be melting, he passed quickly. My research makes me think he had Brooklynella since he was in copper at the time but not really sure. The Tomini and wrasse never showed symptoms and seem otherwise happy healthy.

These are my first (and last for along time) additions after finishing a fallow period for Ich, I really don’t want to risk introducing disease. I was only planning on prazi/copper but realize that needs to change. My question is, incase it was Brooklynella, how do I move the fish from QT to my display without risking them carrying the disease. I’m reading formalin baths, but any advise on how many, how often, and any others measures would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
Doesnt appear to be symptoms of brook and not to say it was not. Pictures in a case like this under white lights will be very helpful.

OP
OP
fishfairy

fishfairy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesnt appear to be symptoms of brook and not to say it was not. Pictures in a case like this under white lights will be very helpful.
Unfortunately didn’t get a photo. It happened very fast (noticed symptoms in the morning, less than an hour before he passed). Was eating fine the day before, Never showed spots or dusty appearance, just slimy appearance

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back