brooklynella on cardinal fish ???

dutchreefer8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello,
3 weeks ago bought a few fish at my lfs (cardinal fish, yellow coris wrasse and a lawnmower blenny). in the first week i saw some signs of ich and i started treating with copper in my quarantaine tank. now 1,5 weeks in i saw that the cardinal fish has some white spots(definitly not ich) on his body. it looks like it has cotton stuk on its body or something like it on some places. the wrasse and blenny dont show signs of this. the blenny does breath a little hevier than i would like. the wrasse and blenny are eating good but the cardinal fish only started eating after 2,5 weeks and is only eats live brine shrimp(not much). here are some pictures.

1635266100243.png

1635266128078.png

i started looking online and i think it is brooklynella. does anybody have experienced this before and how do you treat this the best?
hopefully someone answers quickly

thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes they can get brook although this appears more Bacterial but hard to confirm as pics are very dark in blue
Please take under white light
Ruby rally pro will be a good treatment

OP
OP
D

dutchreefer8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from the pictures i have seen i dont think it is bacterial because they dont seem the same. hopefully this is a better picture.

1635270669979.png

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 107 87.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back