Brooklynella question

R0C95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I've done some searching, and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. So I'm looking for a definitive from you geniuses out here.

I had a Brook outbreak about 6 weeks ago. Killed my Royal Gramma, and 2 clowns almost immediately. I managed to save my Flame Angel however. Took him out of the tank, freshwater dipped, QT'ed, and just cycled freshwater dips for 3 weeks. He's in my QT, healthy as can be.

However, I still have a yellow watchman goby (last fish) still in my display - who's shown ZERO signs of disease. not a thing. As you may know, pulling a watchman goby out of a tank is no easy feat. I've spent hours upon hours trying to trap him, etc... I'm really trying not to breakdown my rock to get him.

Either way, since my Watchman is showing zero signs of Brook, do I still need to remove him to start my 8 week fallow? My theory is that this parasite has no host at this point. I will remove him if necessary, it's just gonna be a massive undertaking. Curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would to be safe. What you dont see does not indicate there is no issues

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the means to do so, pull him out also.

These little fish are fighters......

If I ever get Brook in my tank I’d expect the gobies, Hawkfish, and Cardinals, wrasse to survive.

Assuming your Clowns were Captive Bred, many LFS are too lazy to completely separate their captive bred stock from the wild caught Clownfish as in maintaining completely separate filtration without overlapping water.

Fishjunkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a old post but if anyone could say forsure if he needs to come out or not bc I got my clowns fresh dipped and in qt but like said he's not showing any signs so does he still need to come out? Will it still be considered fallow since he isn't just swimming around in the tank he has a burrow hole with a pistol shrimp that's his buddy

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I know this is a old post but if anyone could say forsure if he needs to come out or not bc I got my clowns fresh dipped and in qt but like said he's not showing any signs so does he still need to come out? Will it still be considered fallow since he isn't just swimming around in the tank he has a burrow hole with a pistol shrimp that's his buddy
Fallow = NO fish at all

Back