Brooklynella?

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
92C13659-34F4-498A-920C-C4268DD6ACC7.jpeg

He seems much better and I did notice a bit of mucus but it wasnt nearly as white or prominent as earlier today.

sorry for the picture quality he just wont stop swimming away from me

I would still treat it. I had 3 fish in my tank when brook struck one of my clowns. The 2 clowns had been fighting for a week or so prior. Brook popped up on the more stressed/weaker clown. I went ahead and gave each fish it's own bath regardless if it showed symptoms or not. They went into an observation tank after that. No other fish ever showed symptoms. And I still have that clown in it's own tank as the 2 would not get along.

Kirschy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If theres advice id give concerning brook: do everything and do it as fast as possible.

My story:
I lost all but 1 fish i bought in my first year in the hobby and i noticed i had brook at about the 10th death. It seems like the first fish i bought(apair of perc clowns) had brook most likely. One of them is the lone survivor of my brook epdemic. What happened was that i didnt qt fish and after i bought new fish they were doing great but sooner or later some of them died for no apparent reason. Some died in after 1 month, sone after 6 months. I did notice a reocurring white mucus and i just noticed sone fish not behaving like id expect them do. Thing is i was a giant noob at that time and was afraid id do the fish worse making a false diagnosis, treating them wrong etc. I looked up all kinds of illnesses and couldnt solve my mystery. Only after i started chatting with humblefish here in the forum i got the clue it could be brook. Im from europe and actually only 21 and its hard enough to get fish medication here as everything is prescriptive here and vets dont have an idea of fish diseases. Since i allready told you how my success was(poor) i wanna advice to identify brook and if u are certain enough( imo you will never be 100% certain) move all fish to qt treat all of them and hope for the best. Try to stress them as little as possible and as others suggested try and keep them eating. As the fish are in qt the main tank has to be fishless for 6 weeks so its clean for treated fish to go back in there.

Wish you luck, you will need it!

OP
OP
hakunaa

hakunaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would still treat it. I had 3 fish in my tank when brook struck one of my clowns. The 2 clowns had been fighting for a week or so prior. Brook popped up on the more stressed/weaker clown. I went ahead and gave each fish it's own bath regardless if it showed symptoms or not. They went into an observation tank after that. No other fish ever showed symptoms. And I still have that clown in it's own tank as the 2 would not get along.
Yes, I plan to treat nonetheless, I was just surprised it had lightened?

Kirschy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I plan to treat nonetheless, I was just surprised it had lightened?
If the fish is doing better thats great. For me after freshwater dips i felt like i simply washed off the mucus... the fish looked better but didnt du better at all. Also move the healthy fish in a way the get stressed out the least. In my tank brook was dormant for such along time and often sensitive fish that got stressen got sick.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back