Brown Algae in my storage tank

Damon Jensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I clean out my water storage tank,, I am wondering is the brown algea that grows in my storage tank a big deal? I have a 7 stage rodi and I use instant ocean. It seems to just be kind of the standard brown algae. Is it just unsightly?

Thanks

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wont harm the reef, not suitable for potable water systems this is exactly why RO drinking water systems need service and cleaning. we are used to thinking bacterial and biofilm systems can't develop without our careful feeding and allowances...not the case. only need water and time. that mini filtration growth wont harm reef use water/aquarium use water at all. Its also ok to clean it out. these salt mixes contain organics and trace feeds for those films. and then there's room contamination etc.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back