Brown algae

RedipsNam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a lot of brown algae or I think it’s a diatoms and I reduce my al prime light to 15 watts and I have 2 tank top and bottom so for them to get a light I put it in the left side from front, is the brown algae is okay without removing them? From sand and from my large rock

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a lot of brown algae or I think it’s a diatoms and I reduce my al prime light to 15 watts and I have 2 tank top and bottom so for them to get a light I put it in the left side from front, is the brown algae is okay without removing them? From sand and from my large rock
How new is the tank? If its still cycling its diatoms and just leave them be, the will get replaced with green algae in a couple weeks.

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures under white light will be enormously helpful. An almost immediate diagnosis of dinos can be given then if that is the case.

OP
OP
R

RedipsNam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its that old it could be dinos. Is it stringy and covered in bibbles?
No there’s no bubbles just a brown thing I wipe it yesterday while doing water change but can’t remove those brown thing from sand and rocks

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No there’s no bubbles just a brown thing I wipe it yesterday while doing water change but can’t remove those brown thing from sand and rocks
If it comes back tomorrow or the next day, its probably dinos, especially on the sand.

Back