Brown rust flat worm ID?

Salemsoul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this on a hammer tonight. It’s huge honestly and when it arrived from a certain company I dipped it and found one. This is now weeks later and suddenly there another is!
I double dip from this company omg they are pest ridden!

How likely is it these things are everywhere?

803D1F67-32E8-4560-93CE-58769051722D.jpeg

ReeferJake1212

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this in your display or do you have a qt it’s currently in? Generally with pest like that if you manage to catch one in the display that means it’s not alone. Is the hammer you found it on the coral that came from this “pest ridden vendor”? If you wouldn’t mind specifying this vendor so the rest of us know about the pest issue they have going on before it spreads to other reefers tanks. And just out of curiosity if your aware they are pest prone why are you comfortable purchasing corals from them? Sometimes I’ll see aiptasia in the background of a vendors coral picture and even tho most vendors have them in their systems somewhere it’s still a big turn off. As far as double dipping new arrivals go, not a safe thing to bet your tank on. It only takes a few to make it past the dip if the dip has an impact on that pest at all. Yea it’s better then just throwing them in the tank right out the bag but you are still taking a big risk. What do you use to dip your corals?

acan-man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had these on a torch coral I got a few months ago. People on here ID then as euphyllia-eating flatworms. I treated with Bayer dip once a week for 6 weeks and haven't seen them since. The dip won't kill the eggs, only the adults. So you have to do multiple dips to kill the adults before they are able to lay eggs of their own

OP
OP
Salemsoul

Salemsoul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this in your display or do you have a qt it’s currently in? Generally with pest like that if you manage to catch one in the display that means it’s not alone. Is the hammer you found it on the coral that came from this “pest ridden vendor”? If you wouldn’t mind specifying this vendor so the rest of us know about the pest issue they have going on before it spreads to other reefers tanks. And just out of curiosity if your aware they are pest prone why are you comfortable purchasing corals from them? Sometimes I’ll see aiptasia in the background of a vendors coral picture and even tho most vendors have them in their systems somewhere it’s still a big turn off. As far as double dipping new arrivals go, not a safe thing to bet your tank on. It only takes a few to make it past the dip if the dip has an impact on that pest at all. Yea it’s better then just throwing them in the tank right out the bag but you are still taking a big risk. What do you use to dip your corals?
DT.. we did a live sale with ASD and repurchased another item. Obviously seeing it post purchase doesn't help me much?
I had a lot of issues with that purchase and I will never be buying from them again. Aiptasia, Asterina, these which i believe now are Polyclad Flatworms. and other hitchhikers. I use coral rx and found this nice post with some information

OP
OP
Salemsoul

Salemsoul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had these on a torch coral I got a few months ago. People on here ID then as euphyllia-eating flatworms. I treated with Bayer dip once a week for 6 weeks and haven't seen them since. The dip won't kill the eggs, only the adults. So you have to do multiple dips to kill the adults before they are able to lay eggs of their own
ill be separating this and treating it as such! Thanks!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back