Brown scopas tang in 250L / 66G tank

nino.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I recently (2 months ago) bought my first tank a 250 red sea with livestock including a large number of corals and 4 clownfish (ocellaris clownfish) 1 lawnmower benny, 1 banggai cardinalfish, 1blood shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 banded coral shrimp and 1 bown scopas tang to which i added a decorator crab and a green clown goby.

The bown scopas tang seems to be doing just fine and looks good as far as I can tell. However I have read that this 250L tank is to small for it what should I do? I am not sure how old it is, but it has been feeding well eating a combination of flakes, brine shrimp and seaweed. Should I move him out of the tank or can i keep the little guy until he outgrows my tank? Ifso how do i know when this time arrives?

My tank and tang as of now

IMG_0911.jpg
IMG_0961.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right, while it is o.k. for the short term, at some point you'll need to move it out to a larger tank. Trouble is, how will you know that time has come? There aren't a lot of signs of a fish being uncomfortable in a small tank, so you probably want to err on the side of caution and move it sooner rather than later.

Here is an article I posted yesterday on swimming space for marine fish:

Jay

OP
OP
N

nino.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right, while it is o.k. for the short term, at some point you'll need to move it out to a larger tank. Trouble is, how will you know that time has come? There aren't a lot of signs of a fish being uncomfortable in a small tank, so you probably want to err on the side of caution and move it sooner rather than later.

Here is an article I posted yesterday on swimming space for marine fish:

Jay
Thanks! Saw your post will take it into account. Hopefully everything goes alright and when he outgrows the tank I will be ready to upgrade the tank. In the meantime I will make sure to research the signs of him outgrowing the tank and if it comes around before im ready to possibly ungrade i will have to re-home him

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back