brown spot on coral beauty?

painfullycurious88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed this a couple days ago at a loss. Fish is swimming around just like normal, eating normally, and being the queen of the tank like always. When I switched tanks it made a swan dive out of the container, but I didn't see any damage and went right in like normal. A couple of days ago this spot emerged and hasn't grown or gotten any worse it's just there.

IMG_2163.jpg IMG_2162.jpg

Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can "sort of see something" in the pic (grin). Is the lesion the thing above its right opercula and below the mouth?

Given the fish is still acting o.k., and the recent trauma being the probable cause, I would say it is a mild secondary bacterial infection from getting bumped. If it doesn't grow larger, I wouldn't do anything - as the stress from moving it to a treatment tank and dosing with antibiotics could just make things worse.

Jay

OP
OP
P

painfullycurious88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's below the mouth on the right side (left looking at it head on). It doesn't seem to be bother the fish at all, and the fish is doing its normal thing of just running whenever I'm around at staring at me from behind a rock.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back