Brown tiny flat worms on glass? Help!

Reffetsevla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an abundance of them and have for about 4 months now. LIke, on the glass and have to use my glass cleaner to remove those more than anything else. No coral or adverse effects yet. However I am looking into a small Wrasse or Dragonet to help now. I still have room for one more fish lol

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully a better picture…super hard to see
The picture is still really hard to see. Here are some photos of mine.. do they looks similar?
4AB05890-BF0E-4FE1-9527-9267BF0D817A.jpeg

95870E7F-D841-49A1-9CF9-4E4DB8AA7734.jpeg

OP
OP
C

commanderwho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an abundance of them and have for about 4 months now. LIke, on the glass and have to use my glass cleaner to remove those more than anything else. No coral or adverse effects yet. However I am looking into a small Wrasse or Dragonet to help now. I still have room for one more fish Lola
A glass cleaner doesn’t kill them right just knocks them back into the water? So smashing them is not a good idea?

OP
OP
C

commanderwho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right it just puts them in the water column. Then my clowns eat them or they get sucked into the filter lol
Have you tried smashing them lol.
From everything I've read these are pretty harmless except for as stated before, if they congregate around a coral they can irritate it, but they really feed on algae it seems. I still want to control them, they're all over lol
Got it, I haven’t added anything to my tank for roughly 4 months and never noticed them till one day! I smashed a bunch of them…not sure if that was a good idea?

Reffetsevla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried smashing them lol.

Got it, I haven’t added anything to my tank for roughly 4 months and never noticed them till one day! I smashed a bunch of them…not sure if that was a good idea?
I've crushed plenty doing maintenance hah No issues so far but no idea if it's a good idea or not

WirelessMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got em…had em…still got em. Most say they are harmless. I put a six line wrasse in the tank and it knocked the numbers back. Still present but WAY less populated. They are a pain in the you know what to get rid of. Haven’t tried exit but plan on doing that if I transfer any coral to my new tank prior.

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used to have a bunch of these but after I added my six line wrasse, they disappeared and my sixline has a big fat belly. =)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello, should I be concerned?
No panic- Not red planaria but rather acoel flatworms which in number can smother the base of coral blocking the light needed for production of zooxanthellae that supports growth and color.
What will eat them?

Yellow coris wrasse
lunare wrasse
6 line wrasse
melanurus wrasse

Springieri damsel

OP
OP
C

commanderwho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No panic- Not red planaria but rather acoel flatworms which in number can smother the base of coral blocking the light needed for production of zooxanthellae that supports growth and color.
What will eat them?

Yellow coris wrasse
lunare wrasse
6 line wrasse
melanurus wrasse

Springieri damsel
Seems like six line wrasse is always a must have for unwanted pests lol
What about the pink streaked wrasse?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Seems like six line wrasse is always a must have for unwanted pests lol
What about the pink streaked wrasse?
6 line more likely to consume them

Slicktop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you see 50 you have 500 or more... I had not put anything new in my tank for over 2 years and then i saw a few on the glass and the frag rack. Treated with exit and was shocked how many were dying off, it looked like snow in the tank.. Its been a month... gonna hit em again next week..

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These worms were getting a little crazy on my glass but I just picked up two clowns yesterday and today I don’t have a single one on the glass

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back