BRS $65,000 Dream Reef Giveaway!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been thinking for days that the winner has to have been "hand selected" out of the Preferred Reefers such that the prize goes to someone who has a suitable home and will keep most all of the equipment, set up the tank in their house, fulfill the trip to LA with Randy and Ryan to choose fish and coral, etc. and allow folks to follow along in the journey. It would not be nearly as cool (for us to see) if a college student living in a dorm with a 10 gallon nano who ordered salt in the last year won this crazy prize. Just to have a suitable place for the tank and a substantial foundation (joists) is an undertaking for many of us here on R2R.

If I won it then I'd have to turn it down. Maybe that's what they're hoping?

SoggyNW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been thinking for days that the winner has to have been "hand selected" out of the Preferred Reefers such that the prize goes to someone who has a suitable home and will keep most all of the equipment, set up the tank in their house, fulfill the trip to LA with Randy and Ryan to choose fish and coral, etc. and allow folks to follow along in the journey. It would not be nearly as cool (for us to see) if a college student living in a dorm with a 10 gallon nano who ordered salt in the last year won this crazy prize. Just to have a suitable place for the tank and a substantial foundation (joists) is an undertaking for many of us here on R2R.

It wouldn't be hard to use the customer info that is provided at checkout to screen a randomly selected preferred reefer. Most people have also linked their social media accounts to get extra entries in previous giveaways. If I were them I would randomly select a member and then do a quick "background" check to make sure they fall into the sutible category.

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! We have a few announcements to make!

1) The Dream Reef recipient will be announced on Cyber Monday (11/29) on our 8:30 pm cst live stream!
2) We will be calling the person who's name is in the envelope
3) You MUST answer the phone or we will move on to a backup list*

*You can have someone else answer the phone on your behalf if you're not available OR you can change your voicemail to say something like "HOLY CRAP, I WON THE DREAM REEF!" Must be excited ;)

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So no Winner until cyber Monday. That's fine, gives me time to clear out the garage for all that loot.

In the mean time I used my Halloween promo code to snag a new flipper scrapper and maybe a truck load of salt?
Gee, I was just going to ask you to come over and help me clear out my garage

I just used mine to get some TDO Chroma C2 and some chlorine test strips.

snowolf24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wouldn't be hard to use the customer info that is provided at checkout to screen a randomly selected preferred reefer. Most people have also linked their social media accounts to get extra entries in previous giveaways. If I were them I would randomly select a member and then do a quick "background" check to make sure they fall into the sutible category.
Hope not. Just because I have a small tank now, doesn't mean I couldn't handle this bad boy. I hope it was a fair draw.

SoggyNW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope not. Just because I have a small tank now, doesn't mean I couldn't handle this bad boy. I hope it was a fair draw.
For sure, but if they drew a customer with an apartment address it doesn't make sense. Maybe they mark him down for one of the smaller prizes on his next order and redraw until they find someone who at least has the space to set the tank up.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ryan can you call me anyway
Call Me Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not a dream reef, but when I stopped in to pickup an order today, I was pleasantly surprised to find a bonus Hanna Salinity Tester in my bag! I was starting to wonder if local pickup reefers were even eligible for the giveaways given they probably go on a completely different cart when picked.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s awesome - what a fun surprise! Congratulations!!!

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not a dream reef, but when I stopped in to pickup an order today, I was pleasantly surprised to find a bonus Hanna Salinity Tester in my bag! I was starting to wonder if local pickup reefers were even eligible for the giveaways given they probably go on a completely different cart when picked.
Congratulations. I'm glad to know somebody won something. With the number of gifts given out I would have thought we would have heard from more happy reefers.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Winner was an 8 year reefer hoping to upgrade in a year or two. Id say it was an upgrade.

SoggyNW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats to the winner, and I'm grateful for all the $10 coupons I've gotten. But seriously an Orlando winner, that's like the promised land of reefing. And I'm sitting here 3 hours from my closest LFS. I'd be happy just to have access to the Orlando Craigslist.

Back