BRS 7 stage 150gpd water saver questions

DesertReefer51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title states I have the BRS 7 stage. I also purchased the auto flush kit and booster pump. I believe I have it wire correctly: power supply to back pressure switch then into the Y adapter then into the pump and auto flush. I was having issues with the pump not shutting off. BRS advise to adjust the back pressure screw to reduce the neccessary pressure. So far that has helped and the pump shuts off when the flow valve closes.

Questions:

1. The pump doesn't turn on every hour for the 18 sec flush. What could be causing this?

2. I added a solenoid to the supply line into the pump in case of an emergency the Apex could activate the solenoid and stop water flow. I noticed because the solenoid is constantly held open it runs hot. Is there a better idea for this?

3. Should plug the RODI power supply into the EB833? Will this cause any issues?

Thanks in advance. I finally setup tank after sitting in my garage for a year do to a house fire. Stuff happens.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not sure I can help much but I will do my best. My pump was running often and the system was losing pressure until I installed a check valve before the booster pump. As for the auto flush, it only kicks in every hour if you are running water for that long. If you are, then something is wrong with the auto flush or it's not receiving power. Unfortunately I'm not sure about the other questions, hopefully others might know. Good luck with your system

OP
OP
DesertReefer51

DesertReefer51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Z&KFarmsWI

Thanks for the advice. I think I read the auto flush description incorrectly. I thought it stated the system would auto flush every hour regardless if producing water. After re-reading I see that the auto flush runs if the system is producing water for an hour or more.

I may run the RODI transformer off of the Apex controlled by a low water sensor in the RODI storage tank instead of allowing the float valve to constantly turn the system on every time the water level drops a small amount.

Questions: Do you have the booster pump before the RODI system or before the DI resin canisters? I see BRS recommends the pump before the entire system but many others have the pump after the sediment and carbon and before the resin. Just curious.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My set up, RO/DI Tubing off of Sink Shu-off, to a 100 Mesh Strainer, to the Booster Pump, set at 75psi. Then to the Sediment Filter, Carbon Blocks, Etc. On the RO/DI Outlet, I have a 1/4” RO/DI Valve. My pumps Transformer goes to a Pressure Switch, Pressure Switch to the Pump. The Blue Tubing Comes out Last DI Canister to the Pressure Switch, to the Shut-off Valve Mentioned above. I always unplug my Pump, when I’m done making a batch of RO/DI Water. This is in case I loose water pressure, so I don’t burn up the pump.Also I bleed my pressure down to 40 psi. Six Stage BSR System with 150 GPD Water saver added. BTW, I was a bit confused on the Additional RO Membrane. Red Tube comes off the Sediment/Charcoal, goes to the Four Way Valve. Red Come off that valve to the bottom RO Membrane, via Red Tube to the Capped End. Black Tube Goes to the Capped End of the Top RO Element. Both Blue Tubes go to a Wye 1/4” Fitting. Blue Tube comes off the single end of Wye Fitting through the Four Way Valve. Blue tubing then goes through the IN TDS Meter Sensor to the first DI Canister. DI Canisters are in series. Blue tube comes off of Second DI Canister, through the OUT TDS Meter Sensor. BRS Does have a Video of the hook-up on YouTube! Forgot the Final Tube, the Black tube comes off of the two port end to the auto flush valve, out on black drain.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back