BRS 75gpd with super saver upgrade barely drips....

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve spent hours troubleshooting and can’t figure this out. I’ve changed filters and resin out and still same results. I have about 80psi going into it and barely producing a drop. Please help friends!

OP
OP
Eder

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve reseated the membranes and everything as well. I’m getting so dang frustrated.

OP
OP
Eder

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good idea. I’ll have to find me one.

I notice that there is a lot of air in the effluent line. I’ve replaced the blue with a clear line to see what’s going on. It’s snail slow and tons of bubbles

OP
OP
Eder

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I do find a pressure difference between chambers then I can’t think of what I would do to fix it [emoji2369]

OP
OP
Eder

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gauge will be here Monday. Anyone ever have this issue before?

OP
OP
Eder

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a photo of your system? With ideally an easy way to see how it's all plumbed? Were you having issues before you replaced all the filters?

Long story short. Never had issues with it.

Did the upgrade to super saver.

Worked awesome for like a day. But we just filled 300g worth for a new tank. Changed filters and resin accordingly throughout. After the first day or so it was barely dripping. We got so frustrated we ended up just buying RODI.

So no. Was never having problems before.

Hopefully these pics help.

If not I can take better ones tomorrow.

For the time being I just bought another system. But I’d like to fix this one so I can still use it and double my output.

a583b4fdc7e2c1a97cacaa5cb7b39f7a.jpg

e64d501f43db200f52825c96e3b77caa.jpg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deleted

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eder

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure. I changed the DI resin x2 and the carbon block and sediment filters x1

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you start the system and then pull off the outlet side of each different filter in order (just disconnect the john guest hose connectors). If you have good outflow, that filter is OK. Eventually one isn't going to have much outflow... that's the one you need to address.

OP
OP
Eder

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you start the system and then pull off the outlet side of each different filter in order (just disconnect the john guest hose connectors). If you have good outflow, that filter is OK. Eventually one isn't going to have much outflow... that's the one you need to address.

I have a gauge coming in today so I’ll let you know thanks for the feedback on this so far!

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you sure you hooked it up right?? I have the same system and after I add the water saver the output is a solid stream at 85psi. My guess would be something is not hooked up right or there is a blockage somewhere in the system.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deleted

Last edited:

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would almost guarantee it's either your input pressure is too low or it's your flow restrictor leaving the system. Does the water flow out of the system at a fast rate? Or also seems to be a slower rate?

OP
OP
Eder

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would almost guarantee it's either your input pressure is too low or it's your flow restrictor leaving the system. Does the water flow out of the system at a fast rate? Or also seems to be a slower rate?

Pressure coming in is 80psi

Water flowing out of the system? As in my product water? It barely drips. And also produces a ton of air bubbles within the RODI line

OP
OP
Eder

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you sure you hooked it up right?? I have the same system and after I add the water saver the output is a solid stream at 85psi. My guess would be something is not hooked up right or there is a blockage somewhere in the system.

That’s what I’m trying to figure out brother. I’ve watched the video many times and I’ve also replaced all of the lines. Ugh.

OP
OP
Eder

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when you changed your carbon block did you flush it before hooking it up to your membranes?

Admittedly I did not. Could this have been the issue? I’ve never actually done that before so maybe I’m doing it wrong.

I do flush the membranes before and after I use it the system but not after I change out filters etc.

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pressure coming in is 80psi

Water flowing out of the system? As in my product water? It barely drips. And also produces a ton of air bubbles within the RODI line
No your waste water line. How's the flow coming out of the system. 80 is on the high end. Is that before or after the membrane

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%

Back