BRS acquires Marine Depot? WOW!

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know this thread is way dead, but i just realized i miss my 6.25% discount I use to get from MD (i.e., they didn't charge me tax) :(
That ’discount’ was short-lived anyway. A 2018 court ruling cleared the way for states to collect sales tax on internet purchases. Last I heard, 45 states are now doing so and you can bet the other 5 states will follow suit.

Technically, you were always obligated to report and pay sales tax on internet purchases, the onus was just on you to report them, not the company and failing to do so was breaking the law.

mpatient

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know this thread is way dead, but i just realized i miss my 6.25% discount I use to get from MD (i.e., they didn't charge me tax) :(
For me its the 9.75%. Thank goodness for Saltwateraquarium.com. I just made a HUGE new build equipment order and saved almost $300. BRS is a quality outfit, but $300!

timry2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to beat a dead horse, but here we are almost 1 year later after the buyout of Marine Depot and BRS did not bring over the good brands. I used to buy the Oceans Nutrition variety box from MD which was always in stock, and now BRS of course doesn’t cary any Oceans Nutrition products. SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to beat a dead horse, but here we are almost 1 year later after the buyout of Marine Depot and BRS did not bring over the good brands. I used to buy the Oceans Nutrition variety box from MD which was always in stock, and now BRS of course doesn’t cary any Oceans Nutrition products. SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve found myself wondering if they’ll run down the Aquamaxx stock items and then discontinue carrying them

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

There are others who still don't charge on out-of-state purchases.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Sometimes people have good intentions but in the end it's what's good for business.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Prior to this news, I would have expected an announcement that BRS had bought out Eco-Tech... or maybe Neptune Systems to increase their profitability or even Worldwide Corals to expand into the livestock market.

EDIT: Not saying that any of those 3 companies are for sale or would sell...

....and this they did.

phil bevilacqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All they did was put their biggest competitor out of business. Just business which I can’t blame but I don’t buy **** from them if I can buy elsewhere. And there videos are bull crap. Just pushing what they want when they want where they want.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still living off my supplies I got from the Marine Depot blowout sale.. That was the only good thing that came out of it for me. As long as they don't buy out SWA...

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That would tick me off! I just purchased a year’s worth of aquamaxx filter rollers for that very concern.

I doubt they drop them. Everyone was carrying them and now they do not. So I am amusing there is some exclusivity with BRS. That said Aquamaxx are just rebranded JNS products.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm still living off my supplies I got from the Marine Depot blowout sale.. That was the only good thing that came out of it for me. As long as they don't buy out SWA...

There is always PA, with the out-of-state perk.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 44 57.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.9%

Back