BRS acquires Marine Depot? WOW!

Falcar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked with BRS. They will not be honoring the filter discount for RODIs purchased at Marine depot.
I bought my RODI from Marine Depot because they had a deal that so long as you purchased the unit from them, you got 15% off of the replacement filters, etc. for life. It was a nice deal. They also had amazing service when one of the elbows broke. I'll miss them as a vendor. I wonder of @Bulk Reef Supply will honor that program?

Maxcmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a bunch of stuff from BRS for a new build and service, shipping, timing, etc was great. If this just happened this has been in the works for quite some time for sure so I would imagine not much is going to change if anything they may find different areas of the company they want to improve. Typically venture capital doesn't buy companies to make them run worse.

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I’m gonna be the outlier here cause everyone LOVES BRS soo much, but….
Boooooo
Monopolization sucks. This will only hurt the industry in The long run IMO.
Yes and no. Most of these products really appear to be price locked anyway. A Radion costs the same everywhere (except locallly where it’s an extra $50). When there is a sale on something the sale is everywhere. What I don’t like is BRS is now promoting and pushing everything instead of the things that just worked well; often the most expensive but not always.

Im in Texas and honestly when I need something ASAP I go with Marinedepot because their shipping was cheaper and faster. I hope they keep their warehouse locations.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked with BRS. They will not be honoring the filter discount for RODIs purchased at Marine depot.
That sucks .... BS to BRS. Not getting warm fuzzies over here. I am failing to see how this benefits the consumer in any way.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[/Q
I know I’m gonna be the outlier here cause everyone LOVES BRS soo much, but….
Boooooo
Monopolization sucks. This will only hurt the industry in The long run IMO.
Even with factory set pricing I expect that many consumables will go up in price.
Thats what happens when companies have less compation.[/QUOTE]

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks .... BS to BRS. Not getting warm fuzzies over here. I am failing to see how this benefits the consumer in any way.
The only way I see this helping consumers is now they have more warehouse space to hold and ship stuff out of.

Besides that, I see nothing else but more BS videos coming out on how to make reefers drink the secret sauce to crap that we don't even need.

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven’t noticed since BRS took on an equity partner things have changed. That’s the funny thing about equity partners, they tend to care more about their ROI than the product.

This does suck. The BRS RO/di is fine but not as good as the system I got from Marinedepot. I imagine they’ll be dropping those units too.

I also wonder about things like the Hydros Wave Engine and Kessil a500x that BRS doesn’t carry but MD did.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back