BRS-Bulk Reef Supply Eco Dry shelf rock

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody bought and used this type of rock? How was the quality of the rock if you did buy some? I am thinking about getting some and just looking for some feedback.

Mr E Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased some of their mixed eco rock for $1.87/lb and was blown away! I didn't get any of the shelf rock, but if it's the same quality as the cheaper stuff that I got, it should be awesome. Let me know how the shelf rock is because I'm interested in getting some too!

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good to hear....Did you cure it or is it plug and play type of thing? That is one of the things holding me back right now. I need it and need to use it shortly after I get it cause I want to re-aquascape my tank and don't have room or will have the time o let it cure for 3-4 weeks.....

Mr E Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does need to be cured... but anytime I've had rock shipped I've always had to cure it due to the large amount of die-off that always happens when shipping rock. I would think that the only way to get cured rock would be to buy it from a LFS. But then you'd be looking at at $5-6+ per pound. At least that's the way it is here. I would think that if you cured it in water from your system, you might have it cured in 2 weeks... with help from a nice skimmer.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I bought 25 lbs. from them and I was very happy with it.
I just put it in the sump of my main tank and let it seed with bacteria for about 3 months and used it for the rock in my zoanthid tank.
No aptasia, no crabs, no majanos,,,, sweet.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 50lbs of the shelf rock about a year ago and it was fantastic. I also got 50lbs of eco rox. I got a lot of rock for the money. Very light and porous. I wanted to see what the difference was between marco rocks and eco rox too. So I bought 50lbs of the Lace rock from Marc and it was great too. If I did it again though I would order the Eco Rox and shelf rock again.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only bought one piece and it's one ugly piece of rock IMO, but was what I expected. Good for encrusting corals and perhaps placing on the sandbed, but I couldn't imagine using much of it for a display.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was wrong with it? Was it shelf rock? I don't need that much just enough to finish with what I ready have and my picture I have in my head.....First have to quite buying coral.....ther wise I will never get this done.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was wrong with it? Was it shelf rock? I don't need that much just enough to finish with what I ready have and my picture I have in my head.....First have to quite buying coral.....ther wise I will never get this done.

It was a shelf alright, a flat ugly shelf... :tongue: If you want shelf like flat pieces of rock with little to it other than that you'll love it.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you expecting hitchhikers on it? I mean for the price what did you expect? Its a flat piece of rock that is dead.

stuckey_t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is what mine looks like...

ShowLetter.jpg

ShowLetter2.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back