Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best way to set up BRS dosers on a Red Sea 450(90gal) or similar?
What do you mean? I recently set them up on my tank for Alk dosing. I use the apex. I calculated their flow rate (1.7 ml/min). And then set them up I bought a narrow one gallon container drilled the hole in the lid and inserted those little bulk heads form Mur lock off of @Bulk Reef Supply

OP
OP
C

Charley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean? I recently set them up on my tank for Alk dosing. I use the apex. I calculated their flow rate (1.7 ml/min). And then set them up I bought a narrow one gallon container drilled the hole in the lid and inserted those little bulk heads form Mur lock off of @Bulk Reef Supply
More in terms of do you set the dosers over the sump, out the sump? Do you run the hoses all the way outside to the sump which seems like a long way, etc

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More in terms of do you set the dosers over the sump, out the sump? Do you run the hoses all the way outside to the sump which seems like a long way, etc
I do both. I have the DOS for my AWC and that is 30 feet away in another room. The BRS dosers I use in a cabinet next to the sump. And I empty the dose itself into the sump overflow area. Have to check the pumps head height recommendations to know the length it can cover and the farther away it is the more you need for priming.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mount mine just above the sump to dose into the return section, I'm low tech, I have them connected to individual digital timers.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back