Brs magnetic frag rocks

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received a few magnetic frag shelves from brs in hopes of having a few specimens on the back glass of my aquarium. Has anyone used these or seen these before? My only initial concern was the material (it seems to be some sort of resin) and if it could possibly leech anything into the water. Not sure if soaking In ro water would even be necessary. Let me know your thoughts and or experiences with this product. Thank you

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's from BRS I would generally trust it. Most things from them have been tested in saltwater before being sold. Are you talking about the Tunze rocks or the Reef Rax if that's then I would trust both of those brands.

OP
OP
brad shawn

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's from BRS I would generally trust it. Most things from them have been tested in saltwater before being sold. Are you talking about the Tunze rocks or the Reef Rax if that's then I would trust both of those brands.
Yea it’s actually reef rax I didn’t even notice the manufacturer! According to their site they are good to go. Thank you for the input

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the tunze in my tank, not as a frag rack, as a permanent fixture. I love them they hold through my 1/2" acrylic. No issues, I also built some diy ones to fit my tank using tunze magnets. If yours are reef rax I'd say their good to go!! Enjoy :)

OP
OP
brad shawn

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the tunze in my tank, not as a frag rack, as a permanent fixture. I love them they hold through my 1/2" acrylic. No issues, I also built some diy ones to fit my tank using tunze magnets. If yours are reef rax I'd say their good to go!! Enjoy :)
Thank you. I’m using mine as a extra slots to have corals on the overflow and the side wall of the tank. Hopefully they will cover this material.

lovemysps00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are N52 magnets, it should be strong enough. Got the same idea as putting the frag rack on the overflow wall. Ebay got some great looking frag racks too.

OP
OP
brad shawn

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are N52 magnets, it should be strong enough. Got the same idea as putting the frag rack on the overflow wall. Ebay got some great looking frag racks too.
I got 2 small ones for the overflow at least I can put something on the overflow

image.jpg

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one now, just ordered 3 more. check my profile pic. Just beware, put them where you want to leave them. Once they settle, they will create a vacuum and not move again easily. they are super easy to drill too. I used a 13/32 drill, left the frag on the plug, and secured it in the hole. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
brad shawn

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one now, just ordered 3 more. check my profile pic. Just beware, put them where you want to leave them. Once they settle, they will create a vacuum and not move again easily. they are super easy to drill too. I used a 13/32 drill, left the frag on the plug, and secured it in the hole. Hope this helps!
That’s good to know thank you for the advice!

Tuffloud1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love to see some pictures of the Reef Rax. I’m trying to decide on purple, grey or brown. All my rocks are covered in purple coralline however I’m concerned that the purple Reef Rax may not match the same purple.

Does anyone have the purple? I’d love to see some pictures!

OP
OP
brad shawn

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love to see some pictures of the Reef Rax. I’m trying to decide on purple, grey or brown. All my rocks are covered in purple coralline however I’m concerned that the purple Reef Rax may not match the same purple.

Does anyone have the purple? I’d love to see some pictures!
I had posted a picture a few replies up under the blue lights. when I get home I’ll get a pic under white lights

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 66 79.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.8%
Back