BRS RO/DI, Are They the Only Good Ones?

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you know?? I am scared but yes I have city water from and just chlorine, I would imagine TDS around 100-200? I am not sure, water pressure dunno

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing to be scared of... :) If you have access to the Aquaticlife in Australi, I would get the one with the 10” standard canisters, not the “Twist In” unit. As an example, a Twist in sediment replacement cartridge is $14 USD, the Twist in carbon block is $15 USD, neither have a micron rating. My guess is they’re probably using cheap 5 micron prefilters. A one micron 10” standard sediment filter and 1 micron carbon block can be had for $4 USD and $12 USD respectively. The same will hold true if I make the comparisons for the RO membranes and DI replacements. Don’t lock yourself in with a proprietary cartridge design. Buy the one with the standard 10” generic canister housings. You will save money be able to use better quality filters.

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't wanna be someone who listens to someone and then just go a completely different path.

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing to be scared of... :) If you have access to the Aquaticlife in Australi, I would get the one with the 10” standard canisters, not the “Twist In” unit. As an example, a Twist in sediment replacement cartridge is $14 USD, the Twist in carbon block is $15 USD, neither have a micron rating. My guess is they’re probably using cheap 5 micron prefilters. A one micron 10” standard sediment filter and 1 micron carbon block can be had for $4 USD and $12 USD respectively. The same will hold true if I make the comparisons for the RO membranes and DI replacements. Don’t lock yourself in with a proprietary cartridge design. Buy the one with the standard 10” generic canister housings. You will save money be able to use better quality filters.
Hey water dog, you were right, the sediment and carbon are 5 Micron!

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RO Buddie?

Again, just like the Twist In unit, the RO Buddie locks you into buying poorer quality and more expensive proprietary filters. If you have to choose an Aquaticlife RODI unit, go with one that comes with standard 10” canister housings, so when the first set of filters exhaust, you can replace them with higher quality filters that will fit seamlessly fit into the standard 10” canister Housings.

With Aquaticlife being available to you in Australia, get something like this. Again, it uses standard 10” filter housings and a standard RO filter housing. It even comes with a pressure gauge.

Add a triple inline TDS meter so you could measure your tap, post RO and post DI TDS and you should be good to go.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back