BRS RODI Help, little to no water coming out

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my four-stage BRS RODI system for a little over a year. I changed all the filters 2-3months ago. Last weekend I turned on the water to start filling my brute cans and left. When I came back the next day, I notice my pressure gauge was only at 5, and when I looked into the cans, very little water had been made. I didn't have much time to mess with it, so I just turned the water off and left. A couple of days later, I started to look at it more. I started at the water source and checked that water was coming out of it. I checked that water was going into the system, and it was as well. Next, I was going to check the canisters to see if anything was clogging those. However, I couldn't get them off. Last night I asked my husband to help get them off. He tried and broke the plastic circle wrench that comes with the system, trying to get them off. As I am the one who tightened them when I changed the filters, there should be no reason he can't get them off. He said it seemed like there was suction or pressure built up in the system. My wastewater line is dumping a ton of water. I found that if I plug the wastewater line with my finger, my pressure gage shoots up, and water finally starts to come out of the blue line into my bucket.

I haven't changed anything, moved anything, or done anything new in the last couple of weeks, so why has it stopped working? Any thoughts on the matter would be great. My poor fish are running low on fresh water.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The canisters wouldn’t come off because of pressure built up. Relieve the pressure after the DI or after the membrane, before the DI; if you have a valve there. As far as why you’re pressure was down to begin with, check and reseat your filters if you can.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also keep in mind that production is waaaay low with the water temp dropping but 5psi is super low and not caused by the cold water.

OP
OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked to see if your unit has a flush valve? if it does, make sure its off.
The canisters wouldn’t come off because of pressure built up. Relieve the pressure after the DI or after the membrane, before the DI; if you have a valve there. As far as why you’re pressure was down to begin with, check and reseat your filters if you can.

this is the only valve I can see, and I believe it’s turned the correct way.
FC7644E8-134C-435C-92FE-1E24ADD7A423.jpeg

I tried turning it and getting the canisters off, but I still can’t do it. Should I try taking the hoses off?

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is the only valve I can see, and I believe it’s turned the correct way.
FC7644E8-134C-435C-92FE-1E24ADD7A423.jpeg

I tried turning it and getting the canisters off, but I still can’t do it. Should I try taking the hoses off?
Your valve is on the correct setting. You can disconnect a hose, I would pick the longest one and note that water is going to come shooting out with force so have a bucket ready.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back