BRS says the Maxspect Ethereal is discontinued!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

swensos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to BRS to possibly add a third Ethereal to my 90 gallon but it says discontinued!

What the what!?

There's no news on the Maxspect website or anything. I bought these originally from BRS and love them. So... is Maxspect going to stop supporting them? Can BRS still sell me one without the ICV6?

I have so many questions about my lights' future.

Last edited:

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to BRS to possibly add a third Ethereal to my 90 gallon but it says discontinued!
What the what!? There's no news on the Maxspect website or anything. I bought these originally from BRS and love them. So... is Maxspect going to stop supporting them? Can BRS still sell me one without the ICV6?
I have so many questions about my lights' future.

Sorry for the confusion with that light. The Ethereal itself isn't discontinued from Maxpect, as far as we know, however we've decided to no longer carry it on our site. We are discontinuing it from BRS, which is why it shows as "discontinued" when you search for it. Hopefully that clears things up a bit. :)

-Randy

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke to a Maxspec rep at Orlando RAP and they are simply out of stock right now.

I put a question to their tech support yesterday and they got right back to me, regarding weather effects for the Etheral, there will be a push upgrade to the application in 4 to 6 weeks.

I ahve the light on my Red Sea Nano Reefer. Totally cool.

OP
OP
swensos

swensos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the responses. It’s good to know it’s still being produced and supported. Phew.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back