BRS "Site Wide" sale isn't "Site Wide"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was waiting for Hanna Checkers to go on sale, so I figured I'd wait for the Halloween sale. It turns out that there's a handful of items that aren't on sale.

Am I looking in the wrong place? Or is this sale really not site wide?

coral-boss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nah some stuff is map prices and cant be discounted. I asked on a aquatic life fixture yesterday. hanna may be included in that

miPapareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4D54508F-BBA2-49DC-A1E1-CEAC32C462B2.png
Then it's safe to say that it's NOT in fact, a site wide sale.
Not the first time or last time a person was disappointed by the fine print.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a site wide sale for the items they are allowed to put on sale. Usually map prices items will go on sale in a couple of weeks for the black friday sale. The aquatic life fixture is onsale as I am purchasing one myself. Higher discounts will happen during the black friday sale though.

Stickboy15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep all the good stuff is never on sale from brs, thats one reason I stopped buying from them and if you go on a sale at marine depot it’s a true site wide sale including Hanna and you can use your reef points to get even more off those products.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep all the good stuff is never on sale from brs, thats one reason I stopped buying from them and if you go on a sale at marine depot it’s a true site wide sale including Hanna and you can use your reef points to get even more off those products.

Except oh wait, MSRP is MSRP and their codes such as the current October5 also have restrictions! Or did you magically hack the Marine Depot site get that to apply to the Hanna Checkers.....

#StopSpreadingFakeNews

:)

Last edited:

Stickboy15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It worked for me last year when I bought the phosphate checker and calcium checker

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reef points you can apply to anything

Rewards points from BRS or saltwater aquarium can also apply to anything. My point is don't spread false information about businesses. If Hanna allowed sellers to discount their checkers, it would be that way on all the sites.

I am just asking that you check the accuracy of your statements before criticizing a company/business. And yes, I did kind of take offense, because I think BRS is one of the most helpful companies out there that constantly provides informative videos at a significant expense to them. They must have spent hours and hours on that most recent video about matching the spectrum of AI lighting to the Ecotech CoralLab program.

Last edited:

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's true there are some exclusions for today's sale, however historically Black Friday has seen quite a few of these restrictions lifted and massive deals on MAP products. :)

BTW....... Happy Halloween, All! ;Mask;Walkingdead;Vulcan;Spiderman

Happy Halloween! I don't see how someone can complain about a retailer, about MANUFACTURER set pricing :confused:

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nah some stuff is map prices and cant be discounted. I asked on a aquatic life fixture yesterday. hanna may be included in that

BRS has the aquatic life fixture on sale quite frequently.. Picked one up for my new build recently from them for 10% off and also snagged the bulbs on sale!

OP
OP
wesman42

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's true there are some exclusions for today's sale, however historically Black Friday has seen quite a few of these restrictions lifted and massive deals on MAP products. :)

BTW....... Happy Halloween, All! ;Mask;Walkingdead;Vulcan;Spiderman
Thank you so very much for the response. I truly appreciate it instead of being flamed for inquiring. I was a little upset initially because the email did not have any fine print. Maybe something to correct in the future?

The website had fine print, but not the email.

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you so very much for the response. I truly appreciate it instead of being flamed for inquiring. I was a little upset initially because the email did not have any fine print. Maybe something to correct in the future?

The website had fine print, but not the email.

Just to clarify in defense of @BRS, it does include the following at the bottom of the email:

"Brands with MAP policy excluded from sale."

OP
OP
wesman42

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to clarify in defense of @BRS, it does include the following at the bottom of the email:

"Brands with MAP policy excluded from sale."
I'm viewing from a mobile device so it didn't scale. It was there, you're correct. Not sure whoever coded it knows about mobile viewing but I rest my case. I'll just wait for Black Friday and it's really not that big of a deal

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so very much for the response. I truly appreciate it instead of being flamed for inquiring. I was a little upset initially because the email did not have any fine print. Maybe something to correct in the future? The website had fine print, but not the email.

Thank you for the feedback as it really helps keep us sharp. :) I'll absolutely look into the mobile view with the team and see if we can improve it. (Black Friday is just around the corner and probably well worth the wait! ;) )

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone - I am so sorry for the confusion! I think MAP pricing is every marketers blessing and nightmare, lol. Many manufacturers are moving to a protected pricing model, which means NO ONE can offer a discount. It is not a BRS vs Marine Depot discrepancy. If we, or a competitor, discounted a brand with a MAP policy, it's very likely the warranty would be void if you purchased.

That said, MOST of the MAP brands do join us in our Black Friday fun, which we're just a few weeks away from :)

Our sales are a great time to stock up on BRS brand products as well as some non-MAP items like test kits and fragging supplies. If you're planning to make a big purchase like for lighting, just wait a little bit longer :)

(Also, if you're eyeing anything on the Dream Tank giveaway build, it may be in your best interest to hold off - shh)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back