BRS TV Investigates the New Red Sea LED 90 lights?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is a 40x20 tank a 120gal? Also, in the video BRS refers to the tank as 4ft, again the tank is 40".

We get this question a lot. ;)

Basically, the tank is a 4ft x 2ft (120gal) system. The actual testing area grid inside the tank is 40" x 20", because we have to make room for the LiCor PAR meter cables as well as the 1/2" glass on all sides. :)

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is a 40x20 tank a 120gal? Also, in the video BRS refers to the tank as 4ft, again the tank is 40".

Sorry for the confusion. The tank itself has a footprint of 48" x 24" while the testing area within the tank is 40" x 20" to allow for some room for the testing sensor.

Ky_acc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I be interested in seeing a comparison between the ai prime HD and the Reef Led 50.

especially now since Red Sea is replacing the ai primes with reef led 50s on the Red Sea max nano tanks.

J-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Basically, the tank is a 4ft x 2ft (120gal) system. The actual testing area grid inside the tank is 40" x 20", because we have to make room for the LiCor PAR meter cables as well as the 1/2" glass on all sides. :)

So randy- what would your desired schedule/program be? 15-20? Something you make yourself? Please share! I can’t find anything on your preference anywhere! :)

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So randy- what would your desired schedule/program be? 15-20? Something you make yourself? Please share! I can’t find anything on your preference anywhere! :)

My preference for the Red Sea ReefLED preset color spectrum or photoperiod? I guess if we're talking color I like the 20K look myself. As for lighting length, I've always ran some form of a 9hr peak photoperiod with 30min ramp up and down times.

J-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My preference for the Red Sea ReefLED preset color spectrum or photoperiod? I guess if we're talking color I like the 20K look myself. As for lighting length, I've always ran some form of a 9hr peak photoperiod with 30min ramp up and down times.
4410BB4D-447D-4CE5-AA5B-AE077BDE0C77.png

thoughts?

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thoughts?

Seems pretty solid to me. My only concern would be the PAR output for your specific tank. The only way to know for sure would be to have a tank-goal and use a PAR meter to see if you are hitting that goal. Otherwise, I'd go with something like that. :)

J-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems pretty solid to me. My only concern would be the PAR output for your specific tank. The only way to know for sure would be to have a tank-goal and use a PAR meter to see if you are hitting that goal. Otherwise, I'd go with something like that. :)
Thank you sir. Appreciate it. Now if I could just figure out how to change the time on the lights- right now if goes off my modem/router and my isp is a hour late so I have to run the lights different every dst changes. Kinda sucks but whatever. I have two of the 90s on a 40 gal breeder. Love them.

nden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir. Appreciate it. Now if I could just figure out how to change the time on the lights- right now if goes off my modem/router and my isp is a hour late so I have to run the lights different every dst changes. Kinda sucks but whatever. I have two of the 90s on a 40 gal breeder. Love them.
Are you talking about the DST switch in the ReefBeat app? It's under your aquarium settings/details.

Arthur9.5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy, do you think moonlight at 50% with lunar cycle its ok? Or its a lot?

Arthur9.5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So also J-reefer

For the community (Message of Red Sea)...
Hoping that I can help some

Apologies, but we now understand that DST (daylight savings time) setting is not automatically applied to the LEDs after a firmware upgrade is made and therefore upgraded lights are running 1 hour behind the schedule. (Now affecting users in USA and Australia/NZ)

To reimplement the DST on your units simply:

Complete the Firmware update on all of your devices.

Go to the aquarium edit page.

Deactivate the DST setting and “Save” the setting.

Reactivate the DST setting and again “Save” the setting.

This will resync all devices on the aquarium with the correct time including the DST.

Note- If you did not save after each change it will not get implemented!

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy, do you think moonlight at 50% with lunar cycle its ok? Or its a lot?

I feel that there may be more to the use of moonlight than just aesthetics and nighttime enjoyment of the tank, but exactly what benefit (biologically) is still a large topic to discover more about. I think exploring different moonlight settings on your tank can be a fun thing to play around with, but until we know more I'm personally treating it as a cool additional way to watch my tank at night. :)

Kopka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey Randy does this mean that if i have a 47 inch tank and I wanted to use these measurements for reference, that I would need to start about 3 inches in from each side?

RyanHoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I have 3 reefled90s on a reefer250 (36”).
what would be a good intensity on the blue channel for a sps dominant tank?

thank you!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back