OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if a fish has a chance of eating corals they should be marked as reef safe with caution, not reef safe.
Yellow clown goby, the smallest fish I have and the most problematic now.
I read that they SHOULD be kept with acros.......
Last night I watched him eat the large acro frag mini colony right infront of my eyes, stripping it down, went from bottom to top.
it still has flesh left but I don't think it's going to make it. I set all the frags in a acclimation box and I hope to trap him in there. I work all day today so I hope he doesn't go in the box and kill all the frags but he seems to only be interested in the one for now.
I'll keep him in the box until I know what Im doing with him, I want to keep him so I might set up a good place for him. Maybe set up a ten gal, use it as a second refugium and his tank

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if a fish has a chance of eating corals they should be marked as reef safe with caution, not reef safe.
Yellow clown goby, the smallest fish I have and the most problematic now.
I read that they SHOULD be kept with acros.......
Last night I watched him eat the large acro frag mini colony right infront of my eyes, stripping it down, went from bottom to top.
it still has flesh left but I don't think it's going to make it. I set all the frags in a acclimation box and I hope to trap him in there. I work all day today so I hope he doesn't go in the box and kill all the frags but he seems to only be interested in the one for now.
I'll keep him in the box until I know what Im doing with him, I want to keep him so I might set up a good place for him. Maybe set up a ten gal, use it as a second refugium and his tank
Oh no!
I like to check Live Aquarias descriptions while pondering fish. Sadly they say they might nip small polyps

Screenshot_20200309-113642_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gosh, I'm so worried and anxious to get home. I mean he shredded that mini colony in a few hours.... I hope he doesn't touch the others

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to keep him, I'll keep him in the box for now until I can get another spot for him. I'll make sure he has rock work.
I mean one of my gobies which is 4 times his size lived there for over three months (it was an accident he jumped in and I just assumed he was in his tunnels, and this guy isn't a tunneler so he should be pretty good in the box)

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ugh, I didn't notice this but I was wrong, the goby did get one other one in the box. One of the hawkins is pure skeleton.
Also noticing flesh on the hammer acting weird, receding a bit but the wall hammer I had did that too but did just fine, the actual polyps looks good, again other SPS are looking fine. I hope this is the last of the losses, I just want to grow some dang corals

also, my canister filter has been getting air in it, I have not identified any leak so I haven't shut it off. I don't want to shut it until I find a confirmed leak, though I'm positive there's a leak somewhere.

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filter is fine
Sps going okay, the one he got is growing back but I was a big dummy and moved one, the next morning it was melting right off of it. My move was the only thing that had changed, it was just fine before the move.
SIGH
that's all I can say about it
is just SIGH

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange hammer, it was one had, three coming, one has splited off!!!!! the other two are still together

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this morning all remaining sticks were doing just fine. Went to work, had to leave because our county got you know what so I go to work at home. Before getting on the computer I take a look at my tank... die back... what the.... I go and work my normal hours and come back. one barely holding on, the rest just specs on the bones. How the!?
Look to the right of me and hiding in my xenia is the yellow clown goby.......... he got out.... I have no clue how... but he did and he's right back at killing the acros.
Everything else is fine and growing
well except the nem, he's gone MIA and I'm assuming him to be a goner
still, ugh.... I'm not recapturing him, the stag horn may make it if I get him but if he can just get out. I would put the coral in there but if he can get out, he can get in.
Bryce and acros-0
Yellow Clown Goby-1

Was holding off on a awesome fish pack because it had a yellow clown goby, maybe I'll get it now. Let them have children on the corpses of the innocent corals he massacred

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, like I said clown goby won
All the fish seem very happy
still fighting stars though I've been eyes a harelquinn, the softies are growing well and I would like to get more
The hammer is doing great, it's not expanding as much as my other hammer but it still looks happy and is growing, heads are splinting. Really hoping for a colony.
However it's not all good news
I had this little guy for almost 2 years now, would be 2 years in a few months
The first hermit crab I had ever bought and the largest one I ever had, I haven't seen him in a few weeks now, so I will say he is dead
1585444153101.png

This was him last year, I took a recent photo but I couldn't find it

All my hermits are missing and I suspect my sharpnose to be the cause for the little ones however I've never seen the puffer mess with him, well he did but he fought him off well so I'm pretty sure age just got him, no foul play

I hope my puffer isn't eating all my little ones, I love those little guys, I don't even get them for the cleaning I just find them a cute addition to a tank.
Really sad to see this guy go, been there from the start with me

pretty sad going through old photos, seeing all the corals I had, all of them growing
I guess that's just how this hobby goes, things die, parameters get messed up, mistakes happen

So it is pretty normal I guess to have those "batches" of corals.

funny though, a GSP back from my second round of corals, I found it tucked away deep in a corner, funny how it's still going, thinking of getting more polyps, I enjoy them
I want more zoas but I have those darn starfish.

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I had a change of my live stock plan.......... ha...ha. Just trying to make light of this
I **** up, I got a new calc formula and it was weird and not well explained. Sadly I over doesed
I woke up today to a nightmare
I did a 100% water change, my friend came over to help, it's all good now, only my crested oyster goby and my zebra eel lived
EVERY other fish is dead

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, first coral reaction, the hammer is attempting polyp bailout, I had to move it around looking for my dead fish so it must of disliked that, plus my plug in strip had a surge so I had no kessil for one day, that really ticked it off.
Honestly at this point all I can do is just look at it, I've already lost so much
Atul at Among the reef is helping me put together and finding a restocking list
He has some good fish over there and I've been eyeing up either a Madagascar wrasse or a diamond tail wrasse from them so def getting that in the order
Still no more bodies found
oyster goby and eel are both fine
They are my two "rare" and "weird" fish
the oyster goby harder to find than the eel

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, the eel and goby are still alive, my eel has been hating the new clams I got (because LFS was closed so had to order another brand online) but he is eating, just took three days
I had to move the hammer coral to find the bodies and with everything else it got very stressed and I hate to report but it's gone.

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got new fish today.
A juvenile blue diamond wrasse, he vanished as soon as he was loose, a bongo shrimp and a two barred rabbitfish
despite the rabbitfish being a different type he's reminding me a lot of my foxface when I first got him as a baby. I'm getting very emotional.
He was a real trouble maker sometimes but his antics just really became part of the tank, it's hard to have the tank without him or without the troubles he caused
I think out of everything he was the hardest to lose.
I realize now that he was just bellow my eel with how important he was to my tank.

I love the two bar, it's just reminding me a lot of foxface

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back