Bryopis help

cressman90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone, unfortunately I have found a few frag plugs that have the fern like structures of bryopis on them. I have had it in the past but was able to beat ot back. But that was with a different tank. I did end up using reef flux and have some left over. The only thing that is stopping me from using my remaining "pills" is I don't have enough for the size of my tank. I have a red sea reefer 425xl and is approximately 112 gallons. I have seen a post saying I could do 1 "pill" per 20 gallons and I know the bottle instructions say 1 "pill" per 10 gallons. I currently have 3 "pills" on hand and was wondering if it would be too small of a dosage to work or would it work? Any advise will be greatly appreciated and welcome.

OP
OP
C

cressman90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unfortunately will be leaving for 6ish weeks for oconus mission (military) in a few weeks. What I could do is move the effected frag plugs to a different location. As of right now it's on some zoa frags thankfully not on my rock. When I built my rock structure, I made a mounting spot for a few plugs that allow me to just set plugs in with gluing them down.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you can treat this in 6 weeks without issue. I have been procrastinating for 6 months. Stay safe over seas. My son is 68W.

OP
OP
C

cressman90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm am AME (Ejection Seat Mech) but haven't worked on seats in 4 yrs.. And probably won't for the next 4 yrs, I currently work on C40s (mil 737's) and will be transferring to C130s mid to late next year.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't you just take the frag plugs out and remove the algae or hit it with some peroxide?

DaJMasta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fluconazole is the best choice treatment imo, maybe aside from fish that eat it, urchins do eat it fine, but will only cut swathes in it, they don't focus on it.

My course of treatment was like 2 weeks, so if you treat soon with a normal dosage you should have plenty of time to see it go and clean up any mess afterwards.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back