Bryopisis on sand bed

CoastieFlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, so I've had my tank for about 8 months now with no major problems until I went on vacation and came back to a majority of my sandbed covered in bryopsis. I had my fish sitter dropping nori in every day and as my tang and blenny ate/tore it to shreds I think it all settled on the sand bed and contributed to this problem. I have a ton of cuc to include 1 emerald crab and probably over 50 assorted snails in a 40 gallon tank. I've removed a good bit of it but it's literally growing off grains of sand and it's impossible to completely remove manually without stripping all of the sand bed...any advice would be helpful...I'm skeptical of using vibrant but I'm considering it at this point unless there it something safer and proven. Water parameters are 1ppm nitrate... and about .05ppm phosphate so not that bad...I know it's bryopsis, I don't have really good close ups but a few pics of what I'm dealing with...

20211021_171109.jpg 20211021_171104.jpg 20211021_171059.jpg 20211021_171055.jpg

Reefin Aint Easy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do some reading. I used flux rx and it did work great on bryopsis but it also took out several of my acros. Just make sure you are aware of possible issues.
Thats the weird part. I have read this before, but never effected mine in any way. So I agree, definitely read up on it. Definitely gonna get mixed ratings and reviews.

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thats the weird part. I have read this before, but never effected mine in any way. So I agree, definitely read up on it. Definitely gonna get mixed ratings and reviews.
Yeah I’ve read where some people had no issues and a few had major loss. For me it took out a few of my acros - several hardy ones like a green slimer. Others were not phased. It does a number on bryopsis though which has to be one of the hardest things to get rid of by any other means.

Back