Bryopsis Cure: My Battle With Bryopsis Using Fluconazole

Did Fluconazole Kill all of your Bryopsis?

• Yes

• No

• I'm treating my tank with it now.

• I love Bryopsis and I'm mad that everyone is killing it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have a pretty good cleanup crew. I have about 30 asst hermits, 4 turbo snails. I have to replace the turbos every few months because they fall off the rocks in the back and can't right themselves. I have smaller snails in the sand bed(not sure which kind). I have 3 tangs, 1 yellow, sailfin, and hippo. Tailspot blenny, 4 wrasses, sand sifting diamond goby. We do weekly water changes and use the baster to clean off the rocks. I just received my flucon order yesterday. Going to do a water change tonight and take out carbon. Will dose after that.

That's a really light crew for what has to be a pretty large tank (I think). Leaving the bryopsis conversation, so PM sent. :)

Mengchhorn Chhun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i just received ReefHD Algae buster yesterday and start treating my tank now, i pull off gfo and carbon also skimmer cup while left my Bio Reactor running. So i’m on day 1 now and it a 20g DT with 10g sump. here is the pict of my tank right now

6D64340A-BE7F-4C26-BA1C-A756C5F84831.jpeg

OP
OP
NCreefguy

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick question . I use a canister filter, should I take out my filter pads while treating? All chemical media was removed prior to dosing.

Yeah like stevo01 said leave them in. As the algae starts to die off it will help remove it. Although it will clog up your canister filter quicker so you'll be cleaning it more often until the treatment is over.

Last edited:

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received Reef HD Algae Buster are the directions right on the back of the bottle?1 capsule for every 20 gallons?

OP
OP
NCreefguy

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received Reef HD Algae Buster are the directions right on the back of the bottle?1 capsule for every 20 gallons?

Someone said their capsules were 200mg caps so at that rate it would be half of the dosage that we've used. I'm not sure why they chose that dosage. I was under the impression that it was pure Fluconazole and nothing else added so again I question why they chose to go with half. Maybe @ReefHD can chime in and answer that one.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also dont understand why reefhd went half dose, when we saw from the early trials that half dosing was unsuccessful. GHA is more stubborn so I can't see this being good.

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone said their capsules were 200mg caps so at that rate it would be half of the dosage that we've used. I'm not sure why they chose that dosage. I was under the impression that it was pure Fluconazole and nothing else added so again I question why they chose to go with half. Maybe @ReefHD can chime in and answer that one.

I hope they do chime in.If what i dosed is half.
Then i won't see any results and have to redose.

OP
OP
NCreefguy

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also dont understand why reefhd went half dose, when we saw from the early trials that half dosing was unsuccessful. GHA is more stubborn so I can't see this being good.
Yeah we'll see what they say. For the most part from what we've seen it's going to take more than that if its gha. On the other hand though I'm running several different experiments using lower levels of flucon and I've seen lower levels keep hair algae from growing even in higher nutrient systems but not actually killing the gha if its already established in the tank(of course this is a very low level though).It will most likely take more to knock it out.

221 pages! Pretty awesome so many people have been helped in this subject.
Tons of people are finally enjoying their tanks without dealing with bryopsis. It's great! It's definitely a treatment that's here to stay. :)

What ever happened to twillard?
Haven't heard anything out of him in months.

OP
OP
NCreefguy

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope they do chime in.If what i dosed is half.
Then i won't see any results and have to redose.
Yeah you may have to but I would wait to see if they have anything else added to their caps before adding more or redoing it just in case.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back