Bryopsis Cure: My Battle With Bryopsis Using Fluconazole

Did Fluconazole Kill all of your Bryopsis?

• Yes

• No

• I'm treating my tank with it now.

• I love Bryopsis and I'm mad that everyone is killing it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

AngryMike2016

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know how the bubbles that the skimmer makes climb into the neck of the skimmer cup? The higher the bubbles climb, the 'wetter' the skim is; the lower the bubbles climb, the 'dryer' it is.

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good spot for dry skin?

IMG_20190514_145222.jpg

YeezyReef8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting my first dose of fluc today, I have a Fluval M90 36Gallon tank. How much should I start with ?

YeezyReef8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I started the reef flux treated meant 2 days ago. Used 3 full capsules and half of one for my 36 gallon tank. Skimmer is off and only have filter floss and a little bag of gFO inside.

I did not turn off my Blues upon start didn’t know that was needed but reading back on the first initial post it seems @NCreefguy did. So I just turn off all my atinics and just have White’s all day. With the same ramp up and down settings.

I have yes to see any progress. Maybe it was the lights ? But I’m hoping to see something soon.

Should I turn my skimmer back upon the 3rd day which will be tomorrow or what ?

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I started the reef flux treated meant 2 days ago. Used 3 full capsules and half of one for my 36 gallon tank. Skimmer is off and only have filter floss and a little bag of gFO inside.

I did not turn off my Blues upon start didn’t know that was needed but reading back on the first initial post it seems @NCreefguy did. So I just turn off all my atinics and just have White’s all day. With the same ramp up and down settings.

I have yes to see any progress. Maybe it was the lights ? But I’m hoping to see something soon.

Should I turn my skimmer back upon the 3rd day which will be tomorrow or what ?

I left everything running in my tank like normal except carbon and ran skimmer without the cup so there was still air in the water.

AngryMike2016

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes a good 7 or 8 days before you start seeing anything, and then it moves very quickly.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back