Bryopsis Cure: My Battle With Bryopsis Using Fluconazole

Did Fluconazole Kill all of your Bryopsis?

• Yes

• No

• I'm treating my tank with it now.

• I love Bryopsis and I'm mad that everyone is killing it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
OP
NCreefguy

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying not to get overly excited just yet but after 3 days I am starting to see a change in the Bryopsis. Everyone who has tried this saw their Bryopsis start to turn white after a few days or so and then thin out and die. My Bryopsis is definitely starting to turn white. Also there are still no signs of stress on my fish,corals or inverts. This is looking very promising so far.

Day 3 of treatment.
Day20320of20treatment_zpsyl1a99o5.jpg

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a frag rack with frags that are with bryopsis. Ill use it as my control for pictures as well.

IMG_5820.JPG

Last edited:

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone currently using Vibrant I think it would be good to continue with the regular dosing schedual. There will be a lot of nitrates and Vibrant will certainly help with the removal of that. It keeps the tank looking crystal clear too.

I wonder how this would work in a FW tank and black brush algae...

OP
OP
NCreefguy

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a frag rack with frags that are with bryopsis. Ill use it as my control for pictures as well.

IMG_5820.JPG
I don't have any zoas or palys so I can't tell you what kind of reaction that they may have to it but I see no change in any of my acros,millis,montis,chalices or acans.

MartyF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying not to get overly excited just yet but after 3 days I am starting to see a change in the Bryopsis. Everyone who has tried this saw their Bryopsis start to turn white after a few days or so and then thin out and die. My Bryopsis is definitely starting to turn white. Also there are still no signs of stress on my fish,corals or inverts. This is looking very promising so far.

Day 3 of treatment.
Day20320of20treatment_zpsyl1a99o5.jpg
I'm trying so hard to stay calm and composed lol. I ordered my flucon a few days ago. NC where did you order from? How long did it take to deliver? My order came from Payless-petprod

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good, that will be covered in my usage of this med. ive got 60+ species of coral covering just about every catagory. No Gorgs though.

If I see anything bad happen ill do a big WC, add carbon, and say a Hail Mary.

OP
OP
NCreefguy

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone currently using Vibrant I think it would be good to continue with the regular dosing schedual. There will be a lot of nitrates and Vibrant will certainly help with the removal of that. It keeps the tank looking crystal clear too.

I wonder how this would work in a FW tank and black brush algae...

I stopped dosing Vibrant because of a huge cyano/diatom/dino outbreak that took place after using it. Something in my system just didn't agree with it and all of my corals,rocks and sand was being covered with red and brown blankets of slime and bubbles. I know some have had great success with it though so I our systems are just different and react differently.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped dosing Vibrant because of a huge cyano/diatom/dino outbreak that took place after using it. Something in my system just didn't agree with it and all of my corals,rocks and sand was being covered with red and brown blankets of slime and bubbles. I know some have had great success with it though so I our systems are just different and react differently.

I remeber reading about that. Yeah that's interesting. Sounds like vibrant caused an imbalance. What did UWC say about that?

OP
OP
NCreefguy

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying so hard to stay calm and composed lol. I ordered my flucon a few days ago. NC where did you order from? How long did it take to deliver? My order came from Payless-petprod

I'm trying to stay calm myself lol. I ordered mine from Payless Pet Products as well. With Priority Mail it only took 3 days for me to get it.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to stay calm myself lol. I ordered mine from Payless Pet Products as well. With Priority Mail it only took 3 days for me to get it.

I did as well. 1-5 days. They are wondering what is going on with all the Fluconazole orders hahaha! This drug may become increasing expensive once it gets back to the sellers that its being used for Bryopsis. Shhhhhhhh! Lol

OP
OP
NCreefguy

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remeber reading about that. Yeah that's interesting. Sounds like vibrant caused an imbalance. What did UWC say about that?

I didn't ask him about my specific case but others that had the same issues were told to just keep dosing and it would eventually clear up. Mine got so bad that there was no way I could bring myself to continue.I stopped dosing everything for now (I use prodibio products)just to see how this treatment goes.

OP
OP
NCreefguy

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did as well. 1-5 days. They are wondering what is going on with all the Fluconazole orders hahaha! This drug may become increasing expensive once it gets back to the sellers that its being used for Bryopsis. Shhhhhhhh! Lol

This is very true. I may order more. :D

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is its part of the ladder system in how Vibrant works. I also noticed an ugly phase when first using vibrant. Same thing happened in my pico tank when I dosed vibrant. It can be bad but should go away.

Back