Bryopsis Fluconazole and Macros

>>klong<<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. This is a new tank, about a month old. I started with live rock. See the images below. The bryopsis-lookin' stuff started growing about a week ago. I want to get rid of it, and lots of threads point to Fluconazole. But I'm concerned that I may have other macros on the live rock that I might want to keep, and my Flux box says not to use on macros.

Do others use Fluconazole without killing macros? Should I attempt other methods first?

Nutrients just started to come down after the die off of the rock. I'm concerned that my nitrates are getting too low.

N03 is 1, down from 8 last week
PO4 is .05, has been hovering around .05-.08 for the last couple weeks.

Is this bryopsis?
IMG_1259.jpeg

Is this a good macro I want to keep?
?
IMG_1260.jpeg

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
>>klong<<

>>klong<<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, but I didn't find anything in that thread regarding Fluconazole question, a positive ID on what's in my tank or whether the last photo is something beneficial.

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fluconzole hasn't killed my chaeto with multiple doses. It does get rid of bryopsis, however. Just realize that it will likely come back, and you will have to re-treat. 1/2 dose (10 mg/10gal) works every bit as well as the full dose (20 mg/10 gal), and it is easier on your corals and likely other macros. That said, I'm not sure your pic is bryopsis. It is similar, but mine always had fuller "palm leaves" (looks sort of like palm leaves) and looked a lot healthier. Unless you have been ripping at it, making it look sort of scraggly and unhealthy, I would let it go and see if it gets fuller, greener, and spreads.

Also, don't try to rip it out as this makes it spread worse.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 62 84.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.1%
Back