OP
PiscesPower

PiscesPower

People protect what they love. - J. Cousteau
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bryopsis gone again. Skimmer online after 7 days. It has been 15 days total. I'm going to hold off as long as I can before adding back carbon. I did put AL99 into reactor as PO4 went up a bit. Back down to 0.006 ppm today. Macros great, livestock doing fine.

Last edited:

jsbull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bryopsis gone again. Skimmer online after 7 days. It has been 15 days total. I'm going to hold off as long as I can before adding back carbon. I did put AL99 into reactor as PO4 went up a bit. Back down to 0.006 ppm today. Macros great, livestock doing fine.

I am curious if the bryopsis came back. I've treated my tanks with fluconazole about 5 times, Vibrant once along with the fluconazole. Each time the bryopsis has come back eventually. Just popped up overnight this week. So, I ordered another $50 in fluconazole. I'm really fishing for a permanent fix, as fluconazole does not seem to be permanent.

OP
OP
PiscesPower

PiscesPower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has not come back on the places it was originally but it was on a frag that was kind of out of direct light. It looked to be gone. A few weeks ago (its been months since I treated) I moved the frag of zoas and within days it started sprouting. I just treated again on Thursday, the frag is in the light so I am hoping this will take care of it.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some Bryopsis in my Triton system and may treat with Fluconazole before it gets out of hand. Is it necessary to do a water change after treatment or will just skimming and carbon remove it all? Thanks

OP
OP
PiscesPower

PiscesPower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some Bryopsis in my Triton system and may treat with Fluconazole before it gets out of hand. Is it necessary to do a water change after treatment or will just skimming and carbon remove it all? Thanks

I didn't do a water change. I just put carbon back online and my skimmer and just let it pull it out. I changed the carbon a bit more frequently, I think I changed it weekly for 4 weeks then removed it. I don't run it all the time.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just at 3 weeks of fish flucon in my sps dominant Triton tank. Bryopsis is all 99% dead at the point (just a few very small spots left in the sand in low light areas) with no negative affect on anything accept chaeto.

Have any of you seen negative impacts on your chaeto?

Unfortunately yes. My cheato died back significantly but my flame algae and gracilaria are unaffected.

UV Doesn't matter?

No. I ran UV the entire treatment.

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just at 3 weeks of fish flucon in my sps dominant Triton tank. Bryopsis is all 99% dead at the point (just a few very small spots left in the sand in low light areas) with no negative affect on anything accept chaeto.

Unfortunately yes. My cheato died back significantly but my flame algae and gracilaria are unaffected.

No. I ran UV the entire treatment.
Thank you for the info!

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it come back a second time. I'm on day 5 and there is no more algae in my tank

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got rid of mine in january. And it has not come back

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back