Bryopsis, need suggestions on treatment with fluconazole, Help please :)

Jakewareham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been in the hobby for 3 years, I have a 90 gallon mixed reef that has been very successful.
I recently started up a 13.5 fluval evo nano, I used all established live rock from my 90 gallon system sump. The tank inhabits 2 clowns, an urchin and a narcissus snail, plus a few zoa frags, everything is doing great its been running for a month with no issues other than a slight diatom bloom from using new live sand, that's done and over with, now I'm dealing with what I believe to be bryopsis, I will attach a picture.
Anyway I want to treat it with fluconazole but here in Canada I can only find it in the local drug store, it's marketed for vaginal yeast infections, I'm just worried that this is not the same ingredients as you would find in say reef flux? Would anyone be able to clarify if this life brand of fluconazole would also be reef safe? I'll attach a picture with the medicine and ingredients.

Thanks for the help!

20220421_195627.jpg white.jpg Screenshot_20220422-001825_Chrome.jpg

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be worried about the inert ingredients . Not sure . Can you order from a online source up there ??? If not check out BRS supply or seek out local coral farms ,fellow reefers , reef clubs like this one to see if someone may sell ,trade, or share some with you . Good luck !!!:cool: One more is to try manualremoval and cuc , I’ve used tuxedo urchins in the past with much success . They seem to eat it when they decimate the other algae in the tank , depending how much you have it will take a little time . Then the doc sea slug works

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back