Bryopsis with Vibrant and Flux treatment.

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well. I was fortunate enough to get some bryopsis in my tank from a frag from a questionable (no longer shopping there since they have many pest issues) LFS. Now that I'm more experienced, I'm now aware I have a bryopsis issue. I can post pictures if you like but it basically looks like green hair algae with fern like ends.

I've been reducing feeding. Added gfo and started manually removal on more than one occasion and this junk its ruthless.

I just ordered a bottle of vibrant to help fight it but I'm now aware that flux is the better route to go so I've ordered that as well.

Should I use both but cease vibrant once the bryopsis is gone to avoid cyano?

OP
OP
MohrReefs

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any aggressive nutrient removal (just a canister filter) in my tank and I broadcast feed AB+ daily and feed frozen twice daily. Would I probably be okay?

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just use Flux, very effective, depending on level of algae you might not have problems with nutrients.

plexx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should get a nitrate and phosphate test kit, it's always good to know your levels because without test kits if something looks bad or starts to die you will have no idea whats going on.

plexx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just does maybe 2-3 a week , and if my nitrates go a little low I dose more so I know it can raise your levels. Also how old is your tank?

plexx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's young , all my tanks had algae and other problems for maybe the first year or so. I would do the flux and vibrant together and give it some time, it will work it's self out. On one of my frag tanks I had a bad hair algae problem and Vibrant 2 times a week cleared it up quick.

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP what you ended up dosing? I been using Vibrant for Bubbles and just today got Reef flux. Trying to see if I should keep dosing Vibrant until new year and then start flux for Bryopsis.

OP
OP
MohrReefs

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP what you ended up dosing? I been using Vibrant for Bubbles and just today got Reef flux. Trying to see if I should keep dosing Vibrant until new year and then start flux for Bryopsis.
I had Bryopsis so I cant say if it will work for bubble algae. But the flux knocked it right out. I stopped using vibrant after some cyano started popping up.

Back