Bta sticking up and torch looks a little deflated?

fl3xlinton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased my first torch and bubbletip nem the nem is sticking up pretty far and the torch looks a little deflated? I’ve always been a hammer guy and I know they are happy. Just don’t know bout these. Thanks for the help.

yes I know my rocks look new. But my tanks been cycled for over 3 months now.
salinity-1.026
Calcium-470
Mag-1570
Alk10.3
Nh3/4-0
Nitrate-20
P04-unknown
Nitrite-0

image.jpg image.jpg

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They both look healthy. The anemone does look like its reaching for light, but he should move if he isn't that happy. What kind of light are you running and and what settings?

OP
OP
fl3xlinton

fl3xlinton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They both look healthy. The anemone does look like its reaching for light, but he should move if he isn't that happy. What kind of light are you running and and what settings?
I’m running an ai hydra 32 on some random settings I made myself. Idk if it’s too low or too high.

OP
OP
fl3xlinton

fl3xlinton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 months is still really new for a nem but just watch your numbers and stay stable.

Alk is a little high... it if you keep it stable it shouldn't be an issue.
I’m surprised you didn’t say anything about mag and cal. I used to run my alk at 11 but I decided to drop it down a bit. No harm where it’s at now I’m happy with how 90 percent of my coral look. Like I said I’ve kept a lot of corals acans zoas even got a few sps sticks. Rock nems hammers. They all are happy. Just didn’t have a clue bout the torches and bubble nems. The torch looked a little deflated but if y’all think it looks good.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%

Back