Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!!
Thank you!

Hey, that's what I'm using too! Nice!
I was worried they would be some junk plastic ones. I was surprised to see they are metal and glass! They are very easy to screw into the lens. So far I would recommend them to anyone.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!

I was worried they would be some junk plastic ones. I was surprised to see they are metal and glass! They are very easy to screw into the lens. So far I would recommend them to anyone.
Agreed! For the price I thought they were going to be cheap but they are solidly built.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOOKS AMAZING! That filter is sooo nice.
Thanks!

After your comments i can buy with confidence! Are the colors god? I’ve bought some filters previously and I can never get the right color
So far I feel the colors are good. There are a lot of different colors that come in the pack. I believe we are suppose to use the "orange" filter when taking pics in all blue light but the one labeled yellow looks kind of orange so I used that one by mistake when I took those pics. Next time I will try the orange one and see what difference it makes. It could be why in the pic the PC superman looks more yellow/green than the red it looks in real life.

Plus it's amazon, if you don't like them for whatever reason, send them back.

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

So far I feel the colors are good. There are a lot of different colors that come in the pack. I believe we are suppose to use the "orange" filter when taking pics in all blue light but the one labeled yellow looks kind of orange so I used that one by mistake when I took those pics. Next time I will try the orange one and see what difference it makes. It could be why in the pic the PC superman looks more yellow/green than the red it looks in real life.

Plus it's amazon, if you don't like them for whatever reason, send them back.

I just placed my order. Can’t wait to see how they turn out

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bub, What is your flow like in you system visibly? Polyps whipping around? Gentle breeze? Some more than others?
In my main display, which is 180 gallons, I have two Maxspect Gyre 250's and they both run at 100% alternating flow. The frag tank is a 50 gallon low boy frag tank and I also use two Maxspect gyre 250's but the flow is at 40% alternating. Both tanks have it when the gyres switch back and forth between the alternating mode, the current crashes into each other and it makes a strong current as it goes around the tank.

In both tanks the flow whips around the polyps but much more so in the frag tank. Sometimes I feel I want more flow in the display but honestly there is probably more than enough as my corals encrust and encrust. I am getting tired of all the encrusting! I have some corals that I haven't taken pics of because it just looks like a puddle of encrustment. I am sure once they start growing more branches I will be happy with the high flow.

Back